Apolyton Bug?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apolyton Bug?

I went to a thread I've never looked at before. I instinctively clicked on "go to first unread post" by mistake. It took me to the 2nd page of posts. That can't be right, can it?

Just thought I'd mention it.
    Last edited by Aramis; March 24, 2003, 22:55.
    "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Sure can.

The thread "knows" the last post you read by the last time you were on Apolyton. The thread probably had some really old posts (look at the dates) or you didn't read it before when you were on Apolyton. Then someone posted to the thread, and that latest post is the one you go to.

There must be a simpler way to explain it...

[edit: better explanation

The "last unread message" thing goes by the date/time stamp on the thread and compares it to the last time you were on Apolyton. I'm guessing the latter date/time comes from the last time you requested a page from Apolyton before you were timed out or you when you logged out manually. THe former dates are from the time a person posts.]
    Last edited by badams52; March 24, 2003, 23:44.
    badams

Comment

I thought it would take me to MY last unread post--which would've been the first.
      "We may be in a hallucination here, but that's no excuse for being delusional!." K.S. Robinson, 'The Years Of Rice And Salt.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rob_S
        I thought it would take me to MY last unread post--which would've been the first.
        "Your" last unread post will be determined by the date difference. If you leave apolyton, then all posts you didn't click on are considered "read." Any new posts from that last logout time are "unread."
        badams

Comment

Thank you, badams52.

BTW--what happened to the other 51 badams? You didn't, well . . .

Comment

Your welcome.

I started as "badams" as my login name back when the internet was young. But "badams" is a very popular login name in many places, Yahoo, Hotmail, Monster, NYTimes etc. So instead of trying to remember my logins...is it bjadams, badams, badams3...I decided to use 52 since it's a rarely used number and cause I like that number for some unknown reason. So even though badams is available at this forum, for simplicity, I stick with badams52.
            badams

Comment

Originally posted by badams52
              Your welcome.

for simplicity, I stick with badams52.
              Do the same w/ my e-mail at yahoo--54 after my initials because I got tired of looking for a number not used. '54 is birth year (yeah--I'm one o'them Old guys)

BTW--You never did say what you did with the 51 other badams!

Comment

Working...
              X