Bug: Flag Javascript Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bug: Flag Javascript Issue

In Opera 7, changing the flag in the dropdown will result the script in changing the image to the new selection but resetting the drop-down box to the original value. This prevents the change from taking permanent effect.

Disabling javascript fixes the issue.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Is it a JavaScript problem or an Opera problem?
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes, Opera has always been notorious for it's JavaScript problems. I know Opera 6 had dropdown selector problems, and apparently this hasn't changed in Opera 7.

Edit: That link only works as a refer from Google.

Hit this link:

and it should be one of the first ones.
      Last edited by Static Universe; March 24, 2003, 01:16.
      "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Yes, Opera has always been notorious for it's JavaScript problems.

Really? I was only aware of its DHTML shortcoming that were mostly eliminated in version 7.

Hint to fellow Opera users: You can quickly disable Javascript from the F12 menu.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
          Yes, Opera has always been notorious for it's JavaScript problems.

Really? I was only aware of its DHTML shortcoming that were mostly eliminated in version 7.
          Mostly my experience as a web developer talking here, but I've encountered several JavaScript problems with Opera, both in 6 which I am more familiar with, and now 7.

The problem is more that Opera handles JS differently than IE and Netscape in certain areas, like pattern matching, so code optimized for these browers can offer up strange results sometimes in Opera.
          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Static Universe
            The problem is more that Opera handles JS differently than IE and Netscape in certain areas, like pattern matching, so code optimized for these browers can offer up strange results sometimes in Opera.
            Since I am not familiar with the specific issue, my official line is going to be that IE mishandles javascript and Mozilla both emulates IE's functionality in order to render flawed sites and supports the W3C way of doing it.

Comment

Working...
            X