This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why?

Small question: Why are threads limited to 500 posts?
    Eventis is the only refuge of the spammer. Join us now.
    Long live teh paranoia smiley!

Tassadar5000... i wan say something to two things but ming maybe not like it!

Comment

Originally posted by ottok
      Tassadar5000... i wan say something to two things but ming maybe not like it!
      Thats the beauty of private messaging

Comment

Maybe because the administration don't want the threads to be too long and difficult to read? As when I found the picture thread at the top of this forum; I wanted to read all of it, but ended with just reading some of it and then post. It was just too much! I don't know, but that might be it.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The 500 post rule is to try and keep threads at a managable level.

Comment

From what I understand, the more posts per thread the more memory they take up. So by keeping the threads to 500 posts or less it prevents the server from becoming too bogged down.

Comment

Not correct...

The real reason is that many posters do not have fast internet connections. It takes a long time for them to load long threads...

The 500 number was pulled out of thin air, but only because some number needed to be selected.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It's absolutely high enough, though... I have a good Internet connection, but 500 posts is more than enough for my brain!
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Fair long...?

Comment

Oh dear, oh dear.
                    I hope that Ming doesn't have to feed the spam sharks anymore, this is getting ridicolous, every similar thread attracts vet's with nothing to say, looking for +1.
                    Yes, I realise that this is also a +1, but I simply want to state my dislike for spam in threads like this

...ST1 lasted 876 posts, didn't it, Ming? How come?

EDIT: 500th post!

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                      Not correct...

The real reason is that many posters do not have fast internet connections. It takes a long time for them to load long threads...

The 500 number was pulled out of thin air, but only because some number needed to be selected.
                      Seeing as people can select the number of posts per page, I fail to see how this is a reason. Its not like the entire thread is loaded up in one go.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                        Not correct...

Ok, thank you.

Question answered......Case closed

Comment

Working...
                        X