No PNG support?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No PNG support?

I recently noticed that PNG graphics can't be used for avatars anymore here. Why this sudden change of policy? At least I can't see any good reason for that, unless the idea is to restrict the use of transparent images as avatars by Linux and other users that don't use the patented GIF file standard.

Shame on you, Markos.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

/me gets the ESRite hordes to trample over all the .gifs of the world *
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

papua new guinea?
      CSPA

Comment

Portable Network Graphics
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I'm all for the PNG idea. With PNGs implemented, I will be able to use great-looking avatars in Opera/Mozilla and ugly-looking ones in MSIE at the same time by utilizing alpha transparency.
          Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Well, we could get PNG support with an upgrade of vBulletin...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
              Would an upgrade solve the search problems too? Kill two birds with one stone.
              "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Static23
                Would an upgrade solve the search problems too? Kill two birds with one stone.
                I doubt it, probably it is some anti server load cr_p like the idea of not supporting not using cr_ppy cookies.

-Martin
                Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                  or a total conversion to PHPBB

but i guess we have too many hacks / tools at poly to make the switch.
                  "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                  - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

We don't need an update for it.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                      I'm all for the PNG idea. With PNGs implemented, I will be able to use great-looking avatars in Opera/Mozilla and ugly-looking ones in MSIE at the same time by utilizing alpha transparency.

That'll teach them
                      Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                      And notifying the next of kin
                      Once again...

Comment

LOL M$$$ IE SUx0rS LOL

Comment

GIF
                          JPEG
                          PNG

Comment

GIF isn't all that bad if not for Unisys. Bad, bad Unisys.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Working...
                            X