X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are people not nice?

i thought we made it clear

from the faq
    Only files related to the games we cover are accepted. NO ILLEGAL FILES will be tolerated. All uploads are logged!

i spend over half an hour today checking up files and banning 3 people for illegal files. you know, i'd like it better to be out in the greek sun enjoying my coffee.....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

/me points and laughs
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

What type of files were they? Or dare I not ask.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

With the weather you have in Greece, you should absolutely be outside in the sun, Markos... Make Skanky do the job, he seems to be the man!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Yes, trust me!
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Hehe Mark you must have known this would happen. Yes it is stupid, but so is posting a "MarkG is a big silly girl" thread, and I'm sure you've seen worse.

Just prominently pcr the person(s) invoved; people will get the message.

Comment

Pouchers make the best hunters

To be honest, I'm surprised you were only able to find just 3.
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

that reminds me of a war song...

why can't we be friends?
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

How related? Could I, say, upload a song with "Civilization" in the title, if I own a legal copy?
                  Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                  Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

Im nice
                    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

He didn't say "civilization"- he said ILLEGAL files
                      I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

But do you own the rights to redistribute, make copies, or transfer the file from the song? If it is just a CD you own, then you have no rights other than simply playing that disc. So then it is not legal to post it here (or at least not in the U.S. where I believe ACS has a server).
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

The upload feature is ready-made for abuse. 20MBs is a lot to offer someone when all they have to do is register at the site. Perhaps it should be available to people who only have x number of posts, so Chieftains and above.
                          "We are living in the future, I'll tell you how I know, I read it in the paper, Fifteen years ago" - John Prine

Comment

Originally posted by Static23
                            The upload feature is ready-made for abuse. 20MBs is a lot to offer someone when all they have to do is register at the site. Perhaps it should be available to people who only have x number of posts, so Chieftains and above.
                            or how about

posts x 0.01 = MB of upload
                            I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

100 posts=1MB and alike
                              I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Working...
                              X