Editing posts - a query

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Editing posts - a query

When I edit posts I sometimes have great difficulty getting back to the post I edited after clicking "Save changes". I am given "This page cannot be displayed" error messages instead of the "Your post has been successfully edited" page. Refreshing is no help.

However if I access the thread in another window I can see that the edit has been uploaded correctly. So I end up just closing the window I did the edit with.

What's up with that? Database problem or is it related to high usage of the server?
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

High usage I think, happens to me occasionally, too.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Editing posts is always really really slow for me, despite my connection, and sometimes I get the error you mention SD.

In fact I am getting a lot of intermittent errors at the moment.......is 'Poly particularly busy at the moment?

Comment

It's just as slow as anything else is, for me, but it does give the 'cannot be displayed' message fairly often.
        Talent Optional

Comment

Poly has been acting quirky for me for about a week now.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

It's been pretty busy lately. A lot of strange things have been happening. Usually nothing a refresh or opening a new window can't solve
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
              It's been pretty busy lately. A lot of strange things have been happening. Usually nothing a refresh or opening a new window can't solve
              What about the first post in a new thread disappearing? This has happened twice, that I know of, since last night.

ACK!
              Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Not just posts, but entire threads!
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

The thread was probably a deliberate removal. The first post missing was probably a 'Poly problem.
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

The thread that disappeared was probably questioning the washing habits of the site-owners or something.......the disappearing sole post is a puzzler though.

Comment

Ahh, Ming just explained that now.

Originally posted by Ming
                      Actually, it was a classic example of cross posting. Went I went to delete it, I didn't see ANY post from you in the thread... so I figured I would delete it and let you try again. But I hung on the delete screen for about 3 minutes. I'm sure that's when you must have posted.
                      The sole post disappearing is a problem though. Even if 'Poly does make the effort of starting the thread anyway.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                      X