Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

Just suppose that I was using a computer and had my options set so that I was logged in automatically to Apolyton. This computer is now in the hands of an unsavoury character. If I change my password will that make it so I am no longer logged in automatically on that computer, or am I doomed to have said unsavoury character masquarading as me?
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

I just solved my own problem.
    My preferences are set not to log me in automatically.

That was rather simple.

Comment

You can delete the Apolyton cookie after leaving the site, too.

Comment

Makeo,

From my understanding of how the site works with cookies, changing the password on another computer will make it so that other computer cannot log in without also changing the password.

The question would be changing the settings from logging in automatically standard on another computer, would that keep another computer from logging in automatically? From my understanding, that would not, since the cookie stored on that other computer still has your password and the preference to log in automatically. It would log in before it ever knew not to.

So my suggestion from my understanding is to change your password. But I may be totally wrong about the facts/situation or how cookies are being used on this site.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Yeah even if you automatically login in there is nothing stopping you altering that setup.

But the best thing to do is not to let unsavoury characters have access to your machine.

Comment

I used to use and post with the unsavoury characters computer. Before I realised they were unsavoury. So they are in possession of the automatically logged in machine.

I have now changed my password and set it to not log in automatically on my comp.

Comment

Dare I ask what made the previously savoury person unsavoury?

Comment

dare I ask their sex?
                (+1)

Comment

Blaming troll posts or spam on an unsavoury third person is always fun.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I dont know the meaning of spam or troll posts.

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                      I have now changed my password
                      Good work - This will stop that said unsavoury character from posting as you now.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

We're not talking GP are we?
                        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Nah, Makeo realised he was unsavoury a long time ago.

Comment

Yeah I never would have set automatic log on if it was GP's computer.

Comment

When is he back from his 'vacation' btw?

Comment

Working...
                              X