problem with the java chatroom

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem with the java chatroom

I'm sitting in a computer lab on campus and i'm trying to access the chatroom, but there seems to be some problem.

I accepted the use of whatever app it is that always pops up when i go to the java chat, but i'm getting an error that says:

Exception: java.lang.SecurityException: calss "Ident"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package.

Is this just the java applet telling me that the lab computer's at my uni suck?

I had the same problem as I used Mozilla 1.3 alpha German, joining the Lemuria turn chat, I got the same error message or something like this the result was that I had to use Netscape 4.78 to join the chat.

But I agree joining the java chat room mustn't be a problem with any free browser as long as it is not buggy. Well concerning Mozilla 1.3 alpha I can't be shure if it is bug free.

-Martin
    Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

i've recently started using mozilla, but i get the problem with ie as well. upon further investigation it seems that the certificate has expired or something

Comment

Markos? Any word on what's going on? the imac's here in the lad don't work either.

Comment

I'm able to log on just fine using the Java chat room.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

i'm not

Comment

No problems here..
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If you use Mozilla, use the ChatZilla IRC client whihc is available in Mozilla, and use it to connect to the server.

BTW, no trouble here either has I use either mIRC or Trillian.
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                  Markos? Any word on what's going on? the imac's here in the lad don't work either.
                  hi ,

, what about a security program , ......

tried imac and powerbook ; its a go from several places

have a nice day
                  - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                  - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                  WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

I just tried again to join the chat room with Netscape 4.78. But this time it didn't work at first. But this time I disabled the javascript for chat rooms. So I enabled it and I was able to join.

-Martin

Comment

Well I try to rejoin the chat room but the java applet doesn't work, even if I have enabled the java script for chat.

-Martin

Comment

OK here is everything that I get from the java console, when I try to join the chat:

Code:
                        java.lang.SecurityException: class "Ident"'s signer information does not match signer information of other classes in the same package

at java.lang.ClassLoader.checkCerts(ClassLoader.java:575)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:503)

at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:246)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)

at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:193)

at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)

at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:186)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.findClass(AppletClassLoader.java:132)

at sun.plugin.security.PluginClassLoader.findClass(PluginClassLoader.java:189)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:306)

at sun.applet.AppletClassLoader.loadClass(AppletClassLoader.java:112)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java:262)

at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassInternal(ClassLoader.java:322)

at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method)

at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredConstructors(Class.java:1576)

at java.lang.Class.getConstructor0(Class.java:1748)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Class.java:266)

at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:249)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.createApplet(AppletPanel.java:548)

at sun.plugin.AppletViewer.createApplet(AppletViewer.java:1621)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.runLoader(AppletPanel.java:477)

at sun.applet.AppletPanel.run(AppletPanel.java:290)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:536)
                        -Martin

Comment

i can't use the java (opera 7), but it's not a huge problem for me, because mIRC is better for this purpose.

FYI, all it says in opera 7 is "applet crashed"

Comment

Working...
                          X