Does Pause Work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Pause Work?

After posting I occasionally like to read the quotes that come up. When I see a long one, or one that I'd like to copy, I'll hit the pause button and be transferred immediately to the next page. I saw one of the quotes joke that nobody reads them; is this an inside joke I'm not privy to?

Yes, pause works. But you have to hit the button really quickly. As soon as the page starts transferring you back to the forum, as denoted by the progreess bar in the status pane of your browser, there is no way to stop it. But if you hit the Pause button before that happens, you will be able to pause.
    XBox Live: VovanSim
    xbox.com (login required)
    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
    Spore page

Comment

Use the Back Button

I've noticed that if you're too slow on the Pause button (which I generally am, but I'm getting better) you can hit the Back button on your browser, then hit the Pause button again. Frequently I can get it Paused the second time.
      "...Every Right implies a certain Responsibility; Every Opportunity, an Obligation; Every Possession, a Duty." --J.D. Rockerfeller, Jr.

Comment

Can't you just press the "stop" button on your browser?
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Just tried and the answer is no. Oh well.

Comment

I've tried using the "back" button a few times when a quote caught my eye, but every time when I go back, it's a different quote from the original. So I'm not sure that using the back button is a trustworthy fix.

...Of course I could try to be quicker with the "pause" button, but my God people! I am over 40 after all! (but only barely)

Comment

The (many) times I have used the back button, the quote was always the same. The problem is that sometimes the back button doesn't work - it can't display the previous page that had the quote on it.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Pressing the back button just gives me a "This page has expired" warning.

Comment

Maybe we can beg MarkG and the boys to give us degenerates an extra two seconds before flipping us on.

Comment

no, it's difficult for me to wait as long as it is now

i've used both the back and stop buttons with good effects in the past . i'll try again...

edit: back works fine for me (tried it 8 times) and i got the same quote, but stop doesn't work

i use IE 6 btw.
                    Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by Big Crunch
                      Pressing the back button just gives me a "This page has expired" warning.
                      Thats the warning I was trying to think of.
                      I only rarely get it using IE6. What browser are you using?
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If you hit the Print Screen button fast enough, you could always paste the image into an editor and look at it there...

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                          If you hit the Print Screen button fast enough, you could always paste the image into an editor and look at it there...

WHY AREN'T YOU WORKING ON MY NEW AVATARS?

ACK!
                          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Trust you Ixnay to think of an image-related solution.

Comment

It works.
                              Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                              X