52 seconds to load each page, huh?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 52 seconds to load each page, huh?

Something must be corrupt, in the last time. It's not a general question of speed, and it can't be my ISP, because I checked it from different places (home, work, friends) with different ISPs.

Here's the story: Each time a site loads, I get the first line ("Today on Apolyton | 'MOO3' PREVIEW (PART3) | WARDELL INTERVIEW, PART 1 | MOO3 GOLD!!! | APOLYTON CALENDARS"), after which the load stalls up to a minute! Only after this, the rest of the site loads, pretty quick. It seems, that at this time the site tries to connect to another host (popup control?, just a guess), which is down and causes Apolyton to wait till the connection times out.

And here's a proof. That's pretty annoying, it started yesterday and continued till now. What's the reason?
    Attached Files

I'm sorry it took so long to load the page but I think your thread will be closed since we already have a thread about this here
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

54.546 seconds this time.

Oerdin, if you would have read my statement, you would have noticed, that i'm not talking about a general slowdown, because beyond the point I described, the site and links load properly and quick. Otherwise I would have posted in the thread you mentioned.

And I'd be happy if this thread would be closed, if only the reason was gone.

Comment

Odd, took me 2.3 seconds to open this thread.
        (+1)

Comment

0.451 seconds for me.

Comment

29 secs- hmmm
            I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph
              54.546 seconds this time.

Oerdin, if you would have read my statement, you would have noticed, that i'm not talking about a general slowdown, because beyond the point I described, the site and links load properly and quick. Otherwise I would have posted in the thread you mentioned.

And I'd be happy if this thread would be closed, if only the reason was gone.
              Well this is the same symptoms as the problem I mentioned in the other thread........and it happened again tonight, albeit intermittently.

Comment

its happened to me a bunch of times on my dsl... over a minute loading times

i'm guessing its a problem with apolyton

either that or microsoft
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

It can't be the SQL slammer worm, since that has been all but destroyed, so it must be some other reasons. I've had over 1 minute page loads today when only 375 users are online...

That's slow even for my archaic 56k.

Comment

Are you using IE? Have you tried different browsers?
                    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Yes, UR, I tried both Opera and IE. Same result.

Comment

It takes a bit for my pages to load too.

So long...
                        Excellence can be attained if you Care more than other think is wise, Risk more than others think is safe, Dream more than others think is practical and Expect more than others think is possible.
                        Ask a Question and you're a fool for 3 minutes; don't ask a question and you're a fool for the rest of your life! Chinese Proverb
                        Someone is sitting in the shade today because someone planted a tree a long time ago. Warren Buffet

Comment

I had some VERY long delays earlier, but now it's running fine again. I'm running IE too, but I have no choice (I'm at work) I thought the problem was at my end, but I could hardly call the IT dept. to say, "I'm waiting too long to post on my forum"

It's fine again now.

-Jam
                          1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                          That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                          Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                          Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Working...
                          X