Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there a way to delete your own thread after you make it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there a way to delete your own thread after you make it?

Also I heard you can delete posts you make after you make them. How do you do that?
    Last edited by Dis; January 28, 2003, 05:45.

You need to have the appropriate permissions to do that, which you or I don't have as members of the vB user group for normal registered members. If you would have moderator or super moderator priviledges, or your permissions would bet set so that you could do it, then it would be possible. I.e. it's not possible for you now.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

You don't, only people with mod rights can do that. The "Delete this post" button at the "Edit this post" window is some sort of remnant; if you click it, it'll tell you you don't have the authority to do it.

Edit - blah
      Last edited by Kassiopeia; January 27, 2003, 05:29.
      Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'm sure a mod can/will help you with this thread.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kassiopeia

Edit - blah
          Interesting...
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

You're easily interested...

Well, I'm off to have a nice piece of toast now.
            Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

deleting your own thread... that's so selfish. once you post a thread it's no longer your own - it's the property of da banana
              CSPA

Comment

True, a horror scenario would be someone deleting the thread they started on a whim, and thus destroying several hundred posts.

Comment

But imagine the terrible loss of such a thread as this one.

Quick - sticky this thread to preserve it for the museum of spam !

-Jam
                  1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
                  That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
                  Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
                  Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

I made a thread last night which I shouldn't have. Ming deleted it anyways. But after I posted it, I thought- I shouldn't have posted this- I wish I could delete it .

Comment

I saw that one too!

No punishment?
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Dissident
                        I made a thread last night which I shouldn't have. Ming deleted it anyways. But after I posted it, I thought- I shouldn't have posted this- I wish I could delete it .
                        that's why people can't delete threads, no hiding the evidence
                        Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Besides if you delete a thread we all lose our +1. At least if a mod locks a thread we get to keep the post count.
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

no posts are lost when a thread is deleted, which is the other other reason deletion of threads by common peons is disallowed
                            Pool Manager - Lombardi Handicappers League - An NFL Pick 'Em Pool

https://youtu.be/HLNhPMQnWu4

Comment

Originally posted by ColdWizard
                              no posts are lost when a thread is deleted, which is the other other reason deletion of threads by common peons is disallowed
                              Well... not true. If I delete an on topic thread, people LOSE the number of posts they made in the thread. And if there is a "glitch" when I try to delete it (which used to happen all the time, but not much anymore) and I have to do it more than once, you lose that number of posts as well. It once took me four times to delete a thread, meaning everybody that posted in it lost 4 times the number of posts that they had made in the thread. Maybe that will make some people think twice before posting their typical "post for deletion" comments in on topic threads
                              Keep on Civin'
                              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X