Small change in page indicator requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Small change in page indicator requested

Change the colour of the current page to a light shade of grey. It is much easier to distinguish between light grey and dark blue than black and dark blue.
    (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
    (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
    (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

But there's no hyperlink under the page you are currently on......this makes it easy to see.

Comment

Or simply click the arrow.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Do you mean from:
        Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellaneous > Apolyton/Community > Small change...

to

Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellaneous > Apolyton/Community > Small change... ?
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Do you mean from:
          Apolyton CS Forums > Miscellaneous > Apolyton/Community > Small change...

to

No, he doesn't.

He's talking about the list of page numbers:
          Attached Files
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Oh, that page indicator!

Well, my example still contrasts the difference between blank'n'blue, and grey'n'blue. I do believe it is easier to see the grey than the black color. The question is how it looks in other styles.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I don't have any problem distinguishing........you always move your pointer over the page numbers anyway, and you'll notice which one is in bold with no hyperlink even if you couldn't see it before.

Comment

Making things easier and quicker is generally a good thing, especially at no cost. (A browser will render grey text just as fast as it would black text). The only questions are whether this would suit other styles (like the MoO style for instance), and whether Markos could be bothered changing the page code.

Comment

Skanky, FP was correct about my original intention, but your point is excellent too.

Now Markos, could you please...
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                    The dark grey text is an incredible pain to read on the MOO3 style... but, aren't the texts' colours unique to each style? Edit - it indeed is, that particular text is white on the MOO3 style. Light grey on default then, I assume. The page indicator on MOO3 is orange or white, IIRC.

Really, this is a much better style then the default gray ones
                    Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

Moo3 style kicks ass. Its much easier on the eyes.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes. The dark grey is horrible.

/me thinks this looks sub-standard on MoO3 style too.
                        Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                        "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

It looks ok in Moo settings.

BTW
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Prince forever maybe.......but still getting inexorably older.

Comment

I don't think the color really needs to be changed. I can tell the difference easily; are others really having alot of trouble with it?
                              Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                              X