Attaching PDFs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attaching PDFs

I'm going to whack the hornet's nest by suggesting that we make PDF one of the allowed attachment filetypes. I just tried to make one and the forum didn't let me.

Linuxoids would probably want PS to become permissible as well.
    Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

I'd probably find use for it someday.

Comment

Why do you want to attach pdf's?

Don't think I would ever use it, but IIRC it is an innocuous (and small files) filetype.

Comment

I can't ever recall wanting to post a PDF. I'm not saying it wouldn't ever come in handy but with a little effort you can get around it.
        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

I second your motion, Leo.
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

zip it and post it you wimp.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Re: Attaching PDFs

Originally posted by St Leo
              I'm going to whack the hornet's nest by suggesting that we make PDF one of the allowed attachment filetypes. I just tried to make one and the forum didn't let me.
              Request granted. Files with PDF extensions have been added to the list of filetypes that can be uploaded as attachments to threads.

-----------
              Dan; Apolyton CS
              PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
              >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Thanks!
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Stellar service, Dan! A good feature, too.
                  "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                  "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Kudos on the swift response.

Comment

Although I have still yet to see a use for this.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Dunno if you need this, but here's an icon for the attatchments:
                        Attached Files

Comment

Why not just zip it? You'd be getting requests for Flash movies next.
                          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Re: Attaching PDFs

Originally posted by St Leo

Linuxoids would probably want PS to become permissible as well.
                            Don't.

I don't see the point of allowing such an attachment unless it is supposed to be rendered right in the browser. I do not want my browser to render PDF. Got problems with the plugin, and Acrobat 5.0 takes hours on end to load.
                            (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                            (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                            (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

You can embed flash with html, though:

No need for attatchments.

Comment

Working...
                              X