Feature request: "Mark this forum read"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feature request: "Mark this forum read"

Could we have a "Mark this forum read" feature accessible from within a given forum, rather than (or in addition to) a global "Mark all forums read" accessible from the main forums page? There're only three or four forums that I regularly access (so I don't need to mark all forums read), and it's often a considerable inconvenience to access the main page (esp. at work, where the server is pretty slow).
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Interesting idea...I hadn't thought of that before, but it sounds useful.
    Talent Optional

Comment

Isn't it rather difficult to independently add new features to v-boards?
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sounds like a reasonable idea......especially for those with not so fast connections. When I used a 56K modem to access the site over christmas my frustration was acute.

Comment

great idea

although i already have the OTF bookmarked
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
            Isn't it rather difficult to independently add new features to v-boards?
            Both Counterglow and Straightdope have a "mark this forum read" function, so I doubt that it's a feature that needs to built from scratch (esp. since Straightdope doesn't hack their b-board software).

Comment

i'd use this for sure

Comment

I probably wouldn't.
                (+1)

Comment

and it's often a considerable inconvenience to access the main page
                  well i'm oftenly using the "new posts" and "my threads" links which contain "mark all" link at the bottom
                  how does that sound to you?
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

I've actually found that the main page loads faster than the "new posts" and "my threads" links, now that the "who's online" automatically turns off when the server's chugging.

Comment

What's reeeeally annoying is when you log in, read one post/thread/forum, log out, come back 30 minutes later, and it assumes you've read the entire site on your last visit. Is there no way to "mark this forum unread"?
                      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
                      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Working...
                      X