This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why was "The Game" closed?

I have scoured the FAQ, and have come up a blank on Ming's reasoning that "We don't need no stinkin' games".

Given that this is a "Gaming Site", as Markos is frequently at pains to point out, it would suggest to me that in fact we did need games, stickin' or otherwise (we have how many Civ3 forums?).

Should I go start the thread in the "other games" forum?
    Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
    "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

If you do, you will get restricted. Find another site for silly games... or I should say, games that aren't really games but are just spam.

And just for those to see that it was indeed pure spam...

Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It wasn't spam.
      It was a set of rules for an amusing game to play with friends. I wasn't for a moment suggesting that it was a forum game. That would be dumb, it would be like "BUMP" "oh damn, I lost again"

In fact, had the thread have been allowed to continue, it may have turned into an interesting discussion on mind-association techniques, both voluntary and involuntary.

FE, every time one of my friends swears, I completely subconciously assume he has lost, and I automatically lose as well. Its getting annoying how many things I am linking to the Game.

But as far as spam goes, that was a pretty poor attempt in anyones book. And of course, not.
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

Yes... it was indeed pretty poor spam... but still spam

And as far as the thread "turning into to something", I think the initial responses would indicate differently
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

All two of them. I was still explaining the Game.

Would a game of "20 Questions" fare better, worse or equally well? Or are only PC game threads allowed?

Ming has spoken: No real life games for you

Comment

Hehe I think it could have been interesting spam......but undeniably spam.

Comment

Games are fine... spam disguised as games isn't
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

So could Ming suggest a way in which I could convey the rules of the Game to Apolyton without it being spam?

It's a fun game to play with friends.

Comment

PM's work real well and so does E-Mail
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                  X