Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the "You ahve a new Private Message" script broken?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the "You ahve a new Private Message" script broken?

I only ask because normally when I click yes a little window pops up and clears the littled marker thatr must remember I have an unread PM. Recently, I just click on the button and nothing happens and even after reading the message, the CP still hsows an unread message.

Any advice or suggestions?
    (+1)

Premptive Response follows

Yes - I already noticed I should proof my messages before clicking the submit button.
    (+1)

Comment

I haven't got a PM for few days, so I haven't noticed any problem with the system.

Send me one and I'll see if I can reproduce the problem.
      If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I had a similar problem too a couple of days ago..

Clicked 'yes' and nothing would happen, just a blanco page.
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

ooh, i don't even get a blank page. nothing. seemed to work in IE but not opera

Comment

sometimes I wouldn't get the message saying I had a private message even though I do.

Comment

the forums don't update immediately once you read the pm. as for the go to pm script, do you have a pop up blocker running? because the script opens a new window and your blocker may kill the new window

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                the forums don't update immediately once you read the pm. as for the go to pm script, do you have a pop up blocker running? because the script opens a new window and your blocker may kill the new window
                Not that I'm aware of.
                (+1)

Comment

Me neither..
                  Could just have been a glitch, or maybe Polly was to crowded at the time
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?

Comment

Maybe you should turn on email notification for PM's......that's what I do.

Comment

If only I would check my hotmail account from to time, that would be a very good suggestion .

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
                        Maybe you should turn on email notification for PM's......that's what I do.
                        I have both on, so I get a script if I'm here and an e-mail if I'm checking my mail.
                        (+1)

Comment

The PM popups seem to be working for me. Perhaps it has been fixed since.
                          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yep. It worked fine for me just now too.
                            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

mine have been working fine the past few days. The problem I posted only happend a week or two ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X