• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New quote/spoiler design

blah blah blah

Spoiler:
    secret blah

these work on the default styles. the rest of the colors in a moment....
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Re: New quote/spoiler design

Originally posted by MarkG
    blah blah blah

Spoiler:
    secret blah

these work on the default styles. the rest of the colors in a moment....
    testing

Comment

So the fact that I can still read it without having to highlight is ok?

Edit - Now I can't read it.
      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

all styles should be ok now....

Comment

What is the code to use it (spoilers)? Its not apparrent on the reply page.

Spoiler:
          Edit - Worked it out
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Do they still nest nicely?

Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            Spoiler:
            The Nest Test

So only 3 quotes and 2 spoilers can be nested ,
            Grrr | Pieter Lootsma | Hamilton, NZ | grrr@orcon.net.nz
            Waikato University, Hamilton.

Comment

Quote #1
              Quote #2
              Quote #3

Quote #4

Quote #5

Quote #6

I can nest six quotes.

Though now, I have a question: are the code and php tags also going to have a border around them now, or are they going to stay bounded by horizontal lines?
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

I like the new style a lot, thanks Markos!

There is also an interesting optical illusion just to add to the fun. The area inside the outer box looks lighter, to me at least, than the gray outside. However it really isn't, as you can tell by covering up the lines with something.

[edit: remove bad attempt at humor. . .]
                Project Lead for The Clash of Civilizations
                A Unique civ-like game that will feature low micromanagement, great AI, and a Detailed Government model including internal power struggles. Demo 8 available Now! (go to D8 thread at top of forum).
                Check it out at the Clash Web Site and Forum right here at Apolyton!

Comment

The two grey colors are actually different, which is probably why they look different.

The black rectangle is the area inside the quote that I moved. The light grey rectangle to the left is where I moved that rectangle to.
                  Attached Files
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Mark_Everson
                    There is also an interesting optical illusion just to add to the fun. The area inside the outer box looks lighter, to me at least, than the gray outside. However it really isn't, as you can tell by covering up the lines with something.
                    Ummm... The inside is lighter than the outside, Mark.

The outside color is D9D9D9, while the inside color is E2E2E2.
                    Spore page

Comment

And vice-versa for the lighter-colored table rows.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I like the spoiler idea, makes my life at the Morrowind thread a lot easier, but I have to say very bluntly that these "box" quotes suck, I never liked them on other forums and I won't like them here. I feel like screaming when looking at that nested quote vovansim made.

Sorry.
                        I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn05
                          I like the spoiler idea, makes my life at the Morrowind thread a lot easier, but I have to say very bluntly that these "box" quotes suck, I never liked them on other forums and I won't like them here. I feel like screaming when looking at that nested quote vovansim made.
                          Well, I personally don't like nested quotes in general. Though I think that when you hit the reply with quote button, some script eliminates the qutes inside the message you are quoting. So that shouldn't be a problem. At least I hope nobody makes more attempts at nesting six quotes. It does look ugly that way.
                          Spore page

Comment

Originally posted by vovansim

Well, I personally don't like nested quotes in general. Though I think that when you hit the reply with quote button, some script eliminates the qutes inside the message you are quoting. So that shouldn't be a problem. At least I hope nobody makes more attempts at nesting six quotes. It does look ugly that way.
                            I'm not saying that nested quotes suck, I'm saying the ENTIRE box system sucks. I never liked it at all.
                            I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

There is also an interesting optical illusion just to add to the fun.

the quote bg color is one between the post color #1 and the post color #2(that alternate from post to post)

I have to say very bluntly that these "box" quotes suck

if you're talking about the border, on mozilla(and probably ie6), it's dotted, not solid

Comment

Working...
                              X