CivGroups suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CivGroups suggestion

Would it be possible to set the ALT text on the civgroup image icons so we can see what, exactly, the group is when we put the mouse over it?

I see lots of silly looking icons and I haven't a clue what they mean.

What's more, when I click on the icon to see what it is, the member listing doesn't say the group name anywhere?

Am I the only one who has noticed this?

PS: The CivGroups column on a CivGroup member listing is broken, all it shows is the current CivGroup icon you're viewing for all the people, it doesn't show other groups they're in.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

well, i'll explain the ones i'm using for you

1.Civ2 Democracy Game (hopefully you know what a democracy game is)
    2.Civ2 PBEM =Civ 2 Play by email multiplayer
    3.Ctp2 Democracy Game, same as the Civ2 demo game, only with Call to Power 2
    4.Nation States, this one is harder to explain. There's a simulation on another website where you lead a nation and get presented with domestic issues, (how to spend your budget, religous issues, people wanting to walk around nude) and the solutions to each dillema reflect on your nation's form of government. the game gives a measure of your political freedoms, economy and civil rights. We role play as the leaders of the nations we lead, making trade agreements, having disputes solved by an elected court, etc, etc.
    Last edited by H Tower; January 8, 2003, 03:44.

Comment

Try this one:

top right hand side of the screen
      Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
      Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Still, it's a really stupid design IMO.

It's like something a Linux guru would do when designing a UI. "Don't know what it is? RTFM yarr!"
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

I'd agree - they puzzle me too.
          I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Seeing what it is when you put the mouse over the icon sounds useful.

Comment

Asher, learn to ask for people to do stuff in a nice way....
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Well his first post was polite.

Comment

then he should learn to stay nice at least until he gets a response
                  Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                  Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                  giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It's a good suggestion, Mark. I agree that Glonk can be annoying as all computer geeks can be. Especially when it takes them so long to think about things from a user (non-technical) perspective. For instance, I can still find several easily fixed problems in Word, IE, etc. in terms of user usage.

Comment

What's this? My sensors are picking up increased signs of an impending argument...

Comment

yeah, GP's good for those

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                          Asher, learn to ask for people to do stuff in a nice way....
                          It wouldn't kill me if you didn't do it, Mark. I don't belong to any CivGroups and don't think I ever will, I'm just giving input on something incase you care about improving your site.

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                            Still, it's a really stupid design IMO.

It's like something a Linux guru would do when designing a UI. "Don't know what it is? RTFM yarr!"
                            too true.

thats oen of the major things that keeps me in the dark about linux. the UI's usually suck major.

::shudders at the gimp::
                            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by GP
                              It's a good suggestion, Mark. I agree that Glonk can be annoying as all computer geeks can be. Especially when it takes them so long to think about things from a user (non-technical) perspective. For instance, I can still find several easily fixed problems in Word, IE, etc. in terms of user usage.
                              I've never had a problem looking at things from a user's perspective...that's why I still insist Windows is leaps and bounds ahead of Linux on the desktop, because the Linux GUIs are all inconsistent kludgey assy things that don't make much sense to anyone but a CS major.

There are lots of things in Windows I wish I could change too, but it's still better than Linux.

Comment

Working...
                              X