This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We need a GalCiv forum

It is a pretty happening game. A "real" company. And very civish. They haven't made enough of an effort to use Poly. But we should fix that for them. The more civ projects succeed the better. We don't want a Sid monopoly.

What's Galciv? A link might be useful.

Comment

Perhaps www.galciv.com will do?

Anyway, I second this. GalCiv was a favourite of mine for a long, long time - I still have an OS/2 partition around just to be able to play it - so the coming of the Win version is really nice.

Anyway, Brad Wardell, Mr. GalCiv and head of Stardock, Inc of Windowsblinds fame, is a well spoken, interesting and optioned guy. I'd like to see a Poly interview with him. I'd be the sort of thing this place should have more of.

Heck, I'd be happy to supply you with a questions list.
      "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
      "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
        Perhaps www.galciv.com will do?
        What are the odds?

I checked out the site......it looks cool.

Comment

Originally posted by moomin
          Brad Wardell, Mr. GalCiv and head of Stardock, Inc of Windowsblinds fame, is a well spoken, interesting and optioned guy. I'd like to see a Poly interview with him. I'd be the sort of thing this place should have more of.

Heck, I'd be happy to supply you with a questions list.
          We'll take you up on your offer above, moomin -- we would be glad to have them. Just note that it will be at our discretion which questions of yours if any are used in an interview with Wardell if one can be arranged.

-------------
          Dan; Apolyton CS
          PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
          >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

How many people play this game? Is it sort of a specialty thing or is it wide spread?
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Oerdin, it was the strat game back when OS/2 was a viable choice. It's not played by anybody (except the drengin net beta testers) right now, but that's because it isn't out yet. It's scheduled to arrive in Feb.

I think the OS/2 version was far, far ahead of anything else back then, and overall it's my third favourite strat game after MoM and Moo. Should this new version live up to the promise - and I have yet to see anything to indicate it won't - Moo3 had better watch out.
              "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
              "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by DanQ
                note that it will be at our discretion which questions of yours if any are used in an interview with Wardell if one can be arranged.
                Goes without saying. Let me gather my scattered thoughts on the subject and get back to you on PM.

Comment

Let Moomer conduct the interview. You can edit it afterwards. He will do a good job. Better than you.

Comment

dan says thanks for the confidence GP
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It would be great to have a GalCiv Interview- I have their wallpaper on my background

-
                      But I thought they already were using apolyton- so they haven't been sending the news updates?
                      that's how I found out about them.

They seem to have good PR and a good little community with their seemingly-open testing.

It looks like an interesting game and even advertised in Computer Gaming Magazine! Very professional looking!

Good luck with the interview!
                      -->Visit CGN!
                      -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

Why not? Any new forum is another opportunity to spam, isn't it.
                        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                        Middle East!

Comment

GalCiv seems to be a very ambitious project. If it´s a combination of Civ2 and MoO2 then I´m happy. The best of both worlds so to speak

A forum might be a nice idea, but I don´t personally care that much. I only browse the OT and A/C forums. Not even RoN, despite my firm beliefs that this will be a game to equal Alpha Centauri as one of the greatest games in history.

But don´t let my opinion stand in the way...
                          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

It is done. Enjoy.

This thread is closed.

-------------
                            Dan; Apolyton CS
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Working...
                            X