Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would you upgrade to a Postgres database is VBulletin supported it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

didn't markos brag about the specs for settler a while back? or am i making up memories again?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I think it's a standard desktop P4...2GHz or so?
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I think it's a standard desktop P4...2GHz or so?
        Is that all it takes to run something like Poly????
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
        Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Apparently not
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

To run a site like this I would imagine you'd need at least a duel processor unit with maxed out ram. I could be wrong though and maybe they're running the place on an old Apple IIe.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Settler is a P4 @ 1.7Ghz with 1GB of RAM...

Ted, no offence taken(your post didnt sound like a slam ), no apology needed
              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by Asher

I'm not into databases, it's not really my field.

I've never used Postgres on the basis that I do not like it's name , but I'm familiar with MySQL since I've done some programming with PHP + MySQL.

I've no idea how it compares with Postgres.
                Right! Thanks anyway...

And yeah, a bigger/faster server would speed up the site.

Mark should drop out of university and spend his tuition/textbook money on a dual P4 Xeon server. Or maybe wait until Opteron is out and make it a dual Opteron and load it up with like 16GB of RAM.
                But then we´re talking ´bout a serious amount of Drachmas I suppose?
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Working...
                X