No announcement yet.

Markos! Stop messing around!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i had something similar, but i just rebooted and it left....thankgod..thought i was stuck yet again
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

If your computer is too slow so that your browser is the bottleneck in rendering, then perhaps you should use Opera.

But that's a really rare reason. The Opera groupies I always say talk about how it renders so much faster to try to convert people, so a lot of less-tech-literate people will not realize that the reason most pages load slow is ther internet connection and not their browser.

IE is simply a much better browser than Opera and Mozilla if you've got anything faster than 100MHz.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I agree that IE renders pages better, but I like Opera's functionality (mail-client, mouse gestures, multi-tab, popup-blocking).

Comment

Mouse gestures are hell for those of us who like to randomly move the mouse all around the screen while they wait for pages to load.
          "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Mouse-gestures remind me of Black and White (the game), and for that reason are evil.
            That isn't going to stop me from trying Opera out however, I'm betting you can easily gestures off.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

If your computer is too slow so that your browser is the bottleneck in rendering, then perhaps you should use Opera.

What about start-up times?

IE is simply a much better browser than Opera and Mozilla if you've got anything faster than 100MHz.

Please. IE doesn't even support pure-CSS pop-up menus. I won't even get into its horrible misrenderings of PNGs.

I agree that IE renders pages better,

Does not.

Mouse gestures are hell for those of us who like to randomly move the mouse all around the screen while they wait for pages to load.

Why do you right-click randomly?
              Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                Does not.
                Does to.

IE renders (some) pages more beautifully than Opera. Opera gets absolute spasms when I visit my faculty-page.
                It goes completely nuts when I log in. I think I'll file a complaint with the guys who develop and maintain the site.

Comment

Originally posted by St Leo
                  Why do you right-click randomly?
                  Who doesn't?

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                  X