Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think this is the right forum for this question.

With the posts about those with more than 500 posts being able to create custom avatars, I realized I could now have a custom avatar.

Current custom avatar is only temporary. I need advise on what tool(s) you would use to create your custom avatar.

My current graphics creation program doesn't work well enough because of the filter used to import/export jpg's.

Here is what I want to be able to do:

-- import gifs
    -- import jpgs
    -- crop/resize gifs/jpgs
    -- change colors of gifs/jpgs
    -- add text lines
    -- add curved/floating text
    -- add arrows/symbols
    -- stack multiple gifs/jpgs
    -- resize finished created image stack without too much lost of resolution

and then export then entire bundle of image to jpg.

Looking forward to hearing your advice.

== PF

Adobe Photoshop 6 or Paintshop Pro 7 should do the trick. You can get a Paintshop Pro 7 trial at their website. I too can have a custom avatar I just haven't decided what I want it to be yet. The hardest part is definately deciding what to make your avatar not actually making it.
    For your photo needs:
    http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Sheik,

Thanks. I knew photoshop could adjust photos, but didn't know could stack multi graphic images and add text with it. Did not know of paintshop pro.

Since my ID was an old SF book, the avatar is not very hard to imagine: incoming asteroids or planets. Harder question is after create avatar based on name, do you keep it or change.

One of the challenges is getting a cool looking avatar down to the 10K file size. Oh well, should be interesting.

== PF

Comment

this should probably go in the community forum...
        Up the Irons!
        Rogue CivIII FAQ!
        Odysseus and the March of Time
        I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Zulu,

Thanks. Forgot there are forums besides Civ3/PTW.

== PF

Comment

Originally posted by zulu9812
            this should probably go in the community forum...

Sheesh, Zulu, you're everywhere! Do you ever grow tired of your eternal mission??!

Comment

Up the Irons!
              Rogue CivIII FAQ!
              Odysseus and the March of Time
              I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Well, I must tell you Zulu, at first I found you quite annoying (um, well, still do sometimes ), but I have to say, at least you have a very nice sense of humor.

Comment

The Civ3-Creation forum is for creations for civ3, not justm any creation.
                  Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

here in the community forum you can ask for people to make you an avatar here was the last one avatar shop we had

Comment

I use Paintshop Pro 7. And if you ask people around here, they seem to think that I do a pretty good job with it.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
                        I use Paintshop Pro 7. And if you ask people around here, they seem to think that I do a pretty good job with it.

i didn't know you had the british knack for making understatements

Comment

Originally posted by H Tower
                          here in the community forum you can ask for people to make you an avatar here was the last one avatar shop we had
                          Yes, that's why I moved it, and I see that the activity of the Community forum is as high as usual (maybe even higher) I rembmber when I first found out that there were more forums then civ3 General/Suggestions. Back then the activity over here weren't this high, but the number of members were less, and the posts in OT still counted (IIRC) towards the post count .
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Is this any use to you?
                            Attached Files
                            (+1)

Comment

or this...
                              Attached Files
                              (+1)

Comment

Working...
                              X