Why can't I...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why can't I...

...display more posts than the last 10 days' at the Civ 2 strategy forum?

Carolus

I didn't have any problems.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

i didn't have any trouble either

Comment

Me neither.

Comment

...since everyones doing it

i haven't had any problems either

btw, htower nice avatar
          I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

I've had a few problems lately accessing forum pages after the first. Clicking on next page or in the go to box just gives me the first page back again.
            It's been intermittent though and seems to happen to me in every forum.

Comment

Re: Why can't I...

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
              ...display more posts than the last 10 days' at the Civ 2 strategy forum?

Carolus
              Considering no-one can reproduce the problem, tell us exactly what you are doing to try displaying more than 10 days' worth in that forum. Or let us know that it is working for you after all.

I've had a few problems lately accessing forum pages after the first. Clicking on next page or in the go to box just gives me the first page back again.
              It's been intermittent though and seems to happen to me in every forum.

I've heard that this occurs when you are not logged in.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

That is a bug/feature.

Markos intends to fix it at some point. In the meantime it reduces server load attributable to lurking guests.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Thanks for trying.

This is what I did:

i) I scrolled down the page
                  ii) I wanted to see more than the last 10 days' threads (my default setting)
                  iii) I changed to "last 100 days" (and other options too) and pressed "go". Nothing happened, still showed the last 10 days.

Maybe it was because I wasn't logged in. I'll try again after this post.

Carolus

Comment

The problem was the same as ravagon's. The reason is probably given by Skanky Burns. This time I was logged in and encountered no problems.

Carolus

Comment

Ahh good, problem solved.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Carolus Rex
                        This time I was logged in and encountered no problems.
                        Carolus
                        Ditto.

Skanky.

Comment

you may already know this buy you can alter the number of days displayed on the forums.

edit: disregard. I didn't read the whole thread

but the forums have been acting a bit weird for me lately. But not in that way. Mainly it is weird with regards to new posts.

Comment

Working...
                          X