Ridiculous page loading times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridiculous page loading times

Poly has been incredibly slow recently. Just now I got a page loading time of 117.15 seconds. This page alone took 80.02 seconds.
    Am I doing something wrong? Is it my connection? Or is it Poly?
    "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

I loaded this page in 1.703 seconds.

Must be your problem.

Comment

Well all I have is a 56k modem connection, so could be me, you never know...
      "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

It's your connection. There have been times when Apolyton has slowed down... but I've been on all day, and haven't had a single problem. I'm sure my Cable Modem doesn't hurt
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

It has been slower than it has been, but never more than a few seconds.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Page Loading Time: 1.622 seconds

I've seen far worse

Comment

The worst loading time I've seen here recently was last week (I think) and it was a little over twenty seconds.

This one took 1.493 seconds to load...
              XBox Live: VovanSim
              xbox.com (login required)
              Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
              Spore page

Comment

type tracert apolyton.net to see where the slow connection is.

Code:
                tracert apolyton.net > trace.txt
                stores this information in a text file.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Page generated in 0.3760 seconds (76.63% PHP - 23.37% MySQL) with 34 queries

Page Loading Time: "Please wait" and stays that way.
                  The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power. Not wealth or luxury or long life or happiness: only power, pure power.

Join Eventis, the land of spam and unspeakable horrors!

Comment

Originally posted by Carlos113
                    Page generated in 0.3760 seconds (76.63% PHP - 23.37% MySQL) with 34 queries

Page Loading Time: "Please wait" and stays that way.
                    That just means that a picture or two are not loading. The "Please wait" changes into a specific number when the whole page is loaded, complete with all the images, including banners.
                    XBox Live: VovanSim
                    xbox.com (login required)
                    Halo 3 Service Record (I fail at FPS...)
                    Spore page

Comment

That just means that a picture or two are not loading. The "Please wait" changes into a specific number when the whole page is loaded, complete with all the images, including banners.
                      exactly

Clear Skies, when you have a big page loading time, is the page actually showing or do you have a blank page?
                      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

The page is showing perfectly, it's just that the 'page loading time' box at the bottom has a stupidly large number in it

Comment

3.62 for me. Its fine tonight!
                          (+1)

Comment

1.82 seconds.
                            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

faster connection needed sometimes mate....but poly can be slow
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X