Referrals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Referrals?

The FAQ page talks about using your own custom referral link to refer friends here... and there's a counter on your profile page... but I can't find my custom referral URL.

Does it exist?
    Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

This would be one of those cases where I thought "referral" meant something negative and I was always happy I'd never gotten any.

And here I've just been telling people to go to http://apolyton.net If there was a way for me to get credit too...

So is there?

(Consider this bumped.)
    I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults...

Civ and WoW are my crack... just one... more... turn...

Comment

From the FAQ:

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.
      You gain referrals by promoting Apolyton CS Forums using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:
      http://apolyton.net/forums/index.php?referrerid=830
      Each time someone follows this link to Apolyton CS Forums and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.
      You administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting Apolyton CS Forums by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.
      The long list of nonsense

Comment

I presume that the administrator has not enabled referrals... however, I was compelled to ask, as there is still an empty counter for them on my profile.
        Infograme: n: a message received and understood that produces certain anger, wrath, and scorn in its recipient. (Don't believe me? Look up 'info' and 'grame' at dictionary.com.)

Comment

Crap... never read that part...

What about that referrerid? I suppose we'd use our own?

And while I really don't care for awards or prizes, is this an active feature? I'll change my link on my site from just the plain apolyton.net to that if it is working.

Comment

I don't have any referrals.

Then again, I doubt anyone else does, either. If they do, it's probably due to DLs.

Comment

The referral system is in use on Apolyton, so yes, it works as the FAQ says it.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

So my referral link URL would be: http://apolyton.net/forums/index.php?referrerid=16515 ?

Comment

How do you find out your ID?

Comment

float your mouse over your own "view profile" link and it will show up in the address thing at the bottom (if you're using IE.)

Comment

That works... thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by FlameFlash

So my referral link URL would be: http://apolyton.net/forums/index.php?referrerid=16515?
                        Yes, that's correct. BTW, do ignore the part in the FAQ that states the administrator may award the user for referrals. Nonsense. At least I haven't received any nice prizes for them and it's not the custom here on Poly, apparently. I assume that part of the FAQ is from the original vBulletin FAQ of Jelsoft.
                        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                        X