No announcement yet.

[How to] Musical Control Panel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just go back to edit your notepad, and the code should be stored in an entry, where you can edit it.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
      erm ... I'm just asking this out of curiousity .... purely hypothetically you understand ....

Hypothetically I'd suggest a self-adminstered beating with any heavy objects that may be to hand.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37
        Just go back to edit your notepad, and the code should be stored in an entry, where you can edit it.
        nope it isn't there.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Wow. That's really bizarre. So you get an error popup in your control panel now? I haven't had any problems with it, but I'll see if I can't manage to break my control panel while fooling around with it some more. That reminds me, it's time for ANOTHER COOL CP CUSTOMIZATION* by ixnay37:

You can set any image to be the background image in your control panel! Simply stick the following in a notepad entry:
          PHP Code:
          <BODY BACKGROUND="path to your file goes here"
          where you stick the path to an image file in between the quotes. I've got a spiffy little gradient that really makes the cp look cool:

* Note: ixnay37 is not responsible for any damage done to your control panel. Do this stuff at your own risk.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay37

* Note: ixnay37 is not responsible for any damage done to your control panel. Do this stuff at your own risk.

Comment

rebooting my computer seems to have fixed it. it was giving me an error message before, but it isn't now.

the embedded code is still invisible, although perhaps it isn't even there anymore.

it's twilight zone time.

ixnay: that gradient is cool.

Comment

what else can we use the html tags for?

do the font, size and alignment tags work?

EDIT: no, they just change the format of the notepad entry. i wonder why the background tag effects the CP while these other ones only effect the notepad?

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Please don't tell me that they're merging and that now we all will have to post in their OTF...
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

FP

That is a classic!
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Time for more cool stuff*: DHTML filters! These will slow down your control panel, so it's not reccomended that you actually use them. But some of them do look pretty cool. To use them, simply place them inside a BODY tag (like the background in my previous post). You can mess around with the values and such to edit some of the effects. Here are a few:

style="filter:alpha(opacity=85,style=2)"
                        Fades out the edges of the screen for a frosted effect

style="filter:blur(direction=270,strength=20)"
                        Applies a motion blur to your CP in the direction specified

style="filter:xray"
                        Messes with the colors for an x-ray effect

style="filter:fliph"
                        Flips your CP horizontally, making it hard to navigate.

style="filter:flipv"
                        Flips your CP vertically. It's still hard to navigate. Featured in my "Help! My thread is upside down!" thread.

style="filter:gray"
                        Makes your CP grayscale.

style="filter:invert"
                        Inverts all colors on your CP.

style="filter:wave(strength=2,freq=5,lightstrength=20)"
                        Makes your CP all wavy.

Hey, this is my 2000th post!

Comment

Working...
                        X