This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's with the ACK! stuff?

I've seen this on various threads. What's the history behind ACK!, and what does it mean?
    Up the Irons!
    Rogue CivIII FAQ!
    Odysseus and the March of Time
    I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Re: What's with the ACK! stuff?

Originally posted by zulu9812
    I've seen this on various threads. What's the history behind ACK!, and what does it mean?
    It's an exclamation by Bill the Cat:

I'm sure Tuberski can tell more about it.

[BTW: this reminds me a bit of the whole deal with loinburger's "Wu-tang!"]

Comment

What a crap catroon.
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

I was going to say the same as IW... and who the hell is Bill the Cat?

Comment

Ack! is how tuberski ends his posts. kind of like jon miller signing his name at the end of each post

Comment

I've actually noticed other ppl doing it too now...
            Up the Irons!
            Rogue CivIII FAQ!
            Odysseus and the March of Time
            I think holding hands can be more erotic than 'slamming it in the ass' - Pekka, thinking that he's messed up

Comment

Those "extra signatures" people use usually are lame anyway. I mean, think of Al Speer's "thanks". Doesn't it just make you want to slap him, every time?
              "Spirit merges with matter to sanctify the universe. Matter transcends to return to spirit. The interchangeability of matter and spirit means the starlit magic of the outermost life of our universe becomes the soul-light magic of the innermost life of our self." - Dennis Kucinich, candidate for the U. S. presidency
              "That’s the future of the Democratic Party: providing Republicans with a number of cute (but not that bright) comfort women." - Adam Yoshida, Canada's gift to the world

Comment

I agree with Stefu completely.

Pioneer's "So long" seems way out of place to the point where it makes me smile every time -- so that one can stay.
                "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Wraith is just about the only interesting "extra signature" I have read. And that is because it changes.

Some are ok (like Tuber's) and some annoy the hell out of me (have a nice day).
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

yeah, gotta like those writings by wraith
                    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
                      Some annoy the hell out of me (have a nice day).
                      I can't believe that guy is still keeping up the persona........one day in civ2 MP he all but admitted it was a front.......but he still ends every post that way.

Comment

Those have a nice day things are the only understandable sentences in that guys posts. Oh well.
                        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

He is emperor as well......3000 posts of gibberish......even the hardcore spammers can't beat that.

Comment

So true

I'd be a king now if OT posts counted.
                            (+1)

Comment

Maaaaaan, OT posts don't count? I'll be a Settler forever!
                              To nie jest koniec swiata...
                              [K-R-Y-S-I-A]

Comment

Working...
                              X