Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Request for additional attachable file types

How about

• .diff - the difrerence between 2 files, often used when programming, fx freeciv
    • .gz - like .zip but on unix
    • .bz2 - like .zip but on unix
    http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Why, couldn't you just uuencode them ?
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Re: Request for additional attachable file types

Originally posted by Thue
      How about

• .diff - the difrerence between 2 files, often used when programming, fx freeciv
      • .gz - like .zip but on unix
      • .bz2 - like .zip but on unix
      Hi Thue.

Your request has been reviewed, authorized and is now done. DIFF, GZ and BZ2 file extensions are now accepted file types for attachments in forum threads at Apolyton.

-------------
      Dan; Apolyton CS
      PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
      >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

If you're adding .gz and .bz2 you may as well add .tar as well.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Nah, for best compresasion files should first be tared then gziped...
          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Yes, and so should .wav files and the like but they're on there too...
            "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
            Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Renaming a .mp3 file to .wav generally works anyway.
              But the point still stands.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Good quick decision Dan and Markos.
                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Thanks
                  http://www.hardware-wiki.com - A wiki about computers, with focus on Linux support.

Comment

btw, we are in need for icons for these types as well a couple of others(i'm sure of .sav)

any help would be great

files, should 16x16 gifs
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Will do icons later today or tommorow.

I'm doing one for mp3 too, just because I want to provide an incentive to include it

Comment

Working...
                      X