ACS is blocked at my school

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACS is blocked at my school

I can no longer visit the forums while at school. The provider has blocked the site. Damn NetFilter. I am very distraught at this.

Anyone know of a way to get around it?
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Try getting to poly from there. Dunno if it'll work, though.

Comment

That site has been blocked for as long as I can remember.
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Why is that? Is it because discussions take place and that has questionable content? Or is it just all game sites in general?
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Probably because he cut down on a lot of sites that were heavily visited by students that had nothing to do with school. Yahoo! Fantasy Sports was cut off too.

Comment

Is just the address blocked? Can you get to it from the forum IP address (I forget what it is though)?

Comment

I'm pretty sure the IP is also blocked, but I haven't checked.
              \

Comment

Well, there's a second alternative, but it'll only work if you don't have to use the school's proxy server for connecting.

First find an anonymous free and public proxy server from any of these large sites (try to find one in the USA).

Providing a surprisingly human shopping experience. Trusted and secure. Millions of domains to choose from.

As you're using a Mac (AFAIK from your OTF posts), you should open your browser's proxy settings. Copy the server address to the HTTP proxy address field and enter the correct port number. Check that there's not an empty space before the proxy address as you'll otherwise fail and don't notice this little detail. If there's already some settings typed there, open the notepad program of Mac OS and cut & paste the details into it. Now apply the new settings. Head for e.g. Google to test that server works. If it works, get back to Apolyton.

Here's an example made using a working Finnish anonymous proxy server, so don't use the information seen here.
                Attached Files
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Thanks. I'll try that out Monday, when I return to school.

Comment

Fight the Power!
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Kill your headteacher. Kill all your teachers.

Comment

I remember when my college blocked Apolyton. I did nothing about it, because I knew that there was nothing I could do about it. Also, it wasn't very important anyway.
                        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Anonymous proxy list + MultiProxy, personal proxy server, helps you protect your privacy while surfing Internet and speed up your web browsing

it's also good for regging DLs
                          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                            ... remember to hide the corps....
                            googol... this is a number!
                            "Silence Ming. I will let you know when I feel you are needed." - HappySunShine
                            "Classic Eyes...But in reality, it works the other way around." - Ming

Comment

Originally posted by red_jon
                              Nah, kill the network administrators.

Comment

Working...
                              X