Ip scan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ip scan

can you all do Ip scans, cant you catch dl's with scans. Dont take this the wrong way just a helpful suggestion
    Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

IP numbers are also a tool used for chasing DL's, but that's nothing new or special. It's used with all major BBS softwares out there.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

the majority of people dont have static ip's. so lots of people tend to come to the site from similar ranges of ip's...
      Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
      Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
      giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

ah ok
        Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. -Homer

Comment

Furthermore, there are quite some people who frequently log onto Apolyton from different IPs: home, work, school, public PCs et cetera.

Comment

And then there are programmes to spoof your IP address or even sites to redirect you and therefore hide your real IP.
            (+1)

Comment

Yeah... but IP's are only "ONE" of the ways we catch DL's... there are MANY more
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

such as checking to see if the name starts with "charmon"

Comment

Exactly.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

lol

Comment

I was going to post a link to one of the more obvious DLs that have already been banned (like one of the ones with 'Ming' in their name), but unfortunately banned members no longer appear in the members list.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

ming, you havent cought all of mine yet
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Oh... You mean you still have more DL's UberKruX
                          Keep on Civin'

Comment

or mine

Comment

Hmmm... sounds like a restriction is called for then...

It's kind of like those cop shows... you know... the ones where the crooks are stupid, and always end up being fooled into confessing instead of keeping their mouth shut and asking for a lawyer.
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                              X