Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Markos or Ming: humble request to start a Dutch thread...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Markos or Ming: humble request to start a Dutch thread...

Some weird things happened today in Dutch politics and there is no way I'm able to talk about it in English. And even if I were able there's no way that anyone not Dutch would understand what I was talking about...

So please, pretty please?
    Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
    And notifying the next of kin
    Once again...

Pretty Feeble.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Where is Locutus when I need to ask him about what this is?
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

If we allow yours, then we will have to allow another, and then another, until finally everybody has their own special language thread.

One is enough... too bad the Dutch weren't the first to come up with the idea, and then sustain it as long as "somebody" else has.

So no... This is an English language site. I'm sure their are more than enough Dutch Forums that cover politics that you can discuss it in your own language.
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Re: Markos or Ming: humble request to start a Dutch thread...

Originally posted by Hueij
          Some weird things happened today in Dutch politics and there is no way I'm able to talk about it in English.
          Emile Ratelband?!

Now we'll all get stimulated to vote LN: TSJAKKAAA!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
            Where is Locutus when I need to ask him about what this is?
            I'm here but I've been studying and doing exams all day so I have no clue what Hueij is talking about

too bad the Dutch weren't the first to come up with the idea, and then sustain it as long as "somebody" else has.
            I don't have a problem with current policy (although you know my opinion on this matter) but I *would* like to point out that we had Dutch threads loooong before the Fins did... we just didn't make a big deal out of it

BTW, Hueij, if you're here now, why couldn't you be at the Dutch Apolyton Meeting today
            Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

Maybe you could use CyberShy's forums in the case you want to talk Dutch politics in Dutch? Simply post a link in the current English thread. That should be a quite working solution.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                Maybe you could use CyberShy's forums in the case you want to talk Dutch politics in Dutch?
                Nah, use my forum

[shameless plug] www.zopperoni.net/community [/shameless plug]

Comment

We could all learn finish off course

Ah well, some pigs are more equal then others...............

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                    We could all learn finish off course

Are you insane !!! No one but the Evil Finns themselves can learn that mystical language...

Comment

Well, let's say that there's about 18,2 million potential persons that could fairly easily learn Finnish. Well, that's more than there's e.g. potential speakers of Maori. And there's Brits, Russians, Greeks, Romanians, etc. that live in Finland and speak Finnish, so your view about the Finnish language is quite narrow. Have you ever heard Finnish speech? I guess not. BTW, Finno-Ugric languages are far away from the most dificult languages to learn. Not to mention writing. Compare it to Arabic, Hebrew, Chinese (both China and Taiwan), Japanese, etc. writing and you'll have to admit it's much easier. Do I have to say more?
                      Ah well, some pigs are more equal then others...............
                      And we were actually first, so that's the reason why we were allowed to continue. Blame yourself if you're slow.
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Rasbey, it was meant as a joke I've looked a Finnish on e2, and it seems a bit easier to grasp, than, say, Japanese.

Comment

So no... This is an English language site.

Fair enough. So maybe I'll start a thread in the OT in English but don't expect anyone not Dutch to understand what I will be talking about.
                          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Hueij
                            Fair enough. So maybe I'll start a thread in the OT in English but don't expect anyone not Dutch to understand what I will be talking about.
                            Heck, there are many threads that nobody has a clue what the people are talking about... why should your thread be any different.

Again... if an occasional post is in another language, nobody is really going to care. But if most of the posts are, that's a problem.

Sorry... but that's the way it is.
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Damn American cultural imperialism...
                              Once again...

Comment

Working...
                              X