ACSR Radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACSR Radio

Is DanQ still doing the radio show? I have to admit, I haven't tried listening to it for quite some time now. The ACSR page wasn't exactly very helpful either, the most recent broadcasts were dated May '03 Did we suddenly jump 8 months into the future?

And if the broadcasts are still occurring, what gets reported in them anyways?

He said some time ago he was on a break.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Due to increasing time demands by station staff in non-site matters, the latest run of ACSR Daily ends with its September 13th, 2002 edition. Preliminary plans are for the program to return to the digital airwaves in May, 2003. ACSR Weekend continues, but in addition to weekend coverage will include the previous weekdays worth of content normally handled by ACSR Daily. This format change will be in effect for at least the next four weeks, with broadcasting extensions possible up to and including the end of November, 2002. As such, this means that a minimum four shows of ACSR Weekend in the said revised format will be recorded, the last one slated for now being the October 5th edition.

That should pretty much answer your question.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Re: ACSR Radio

Originally posted by H Tower
        Is DanQ still doing the radio show? I have to admit, I haven't tried listening to it for quite some time now. The ACSR page wasn't exactly very helpful either, the most recent broadcasts were dated May '03 Did we suddenly jump 8 months into the future?

And if the broadcasts are still occurring, what gets reported in them anyways?
        Thanks for your interest, H. Tower.

Beyond the quote Rasbelin cited (thanks), I will add that the "New Shows: May '03" line refers to when new instalments of 'ACSR Daily' and 'ACSR Weekend' will be produced, not to suggest that it is the date of the current set of broadcasts.

However, note that ACSR hasn't been lying dormant since mid-September either. features ('Assorted Clips') are being posted periodically still. Two recent examples: the Reynolds on RoN series and the Making "CivIII" Audio Extract of which the latter was posted just earlier today. There is more to come on ACSR between now and next May, including the much anticipated 'blooper' show...

--------------
        Dan; Apolyton CS
        PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
        >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Bloopers? Will you call some random American a moron?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

or refer to a fellow administrator as a hairy greek?

Comment

Bloopers... now that will be interesting.
              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                Bloopers... now that will be interesting.
                I certainly hope they will at least be seen, in part, as such... or perhaps I should more accurately say "heard" as such...

-------------
                Dan; Apolyton CS
                PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Hmm... this sounds now more than interesting.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

DanQ's Most Amusing Bloopers
                    An Apolyton Expose

"Today in news, as reported by the GSPOT quarterly- FAQers and Message Board owners can now post FAQ's and Posts much quicker due to the new FAQing Good Pro Software... ... ... er... On second thought Perhaps this news item is probably best left unsaid."

-->Visit CGN!
                    -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

A classic

Comment

I was already wondering what RB was saying over the .NET Messenger Service, but now I get the clue.

Comment

Working...
                          X