Ancient Apolyton - Taking a look at my Civ Roots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Apolyton - Taking a look at my Civ Roots

(Never thought you'd hear a CFC Moderator say that, huh? )

Well, since CFC is down today, I though I'd take a look and find The Ultimate Civ II Site and The First Greek Civ2 Site in the Internet archives (the first possible site). For those that don't know, I first came to the Ultimate Civ II Site, before it was even on gamestats (I still can't find the site or a link to it anymore...). Well, here's the story.

It all started in around 1996, when I first got the Internet, and Civ2. I was looking for a nice Civ2 site, and found The Ultimate Civ2 Site. Simple forums, simple site with tons of links. (BTW, I wouldn't even be surpised if my old username were lurking around in the archives or even here.. ). The forums were simple, but I was a regular there (left for a while, then came back). I don't even remember my username, but probably used my real name. (It's a Polish name - I'm sure one of the admins might remember it if he looks in the archives). - no, I'm not Polish, but I'm of Polish decent -...

Anyway, I even submitted maps and stories for the Viking Scribes - even comparing game saves... a Succession Game/Tourny precursor perhaps? (and eagerly waited to see them - of which none were ever put up... ). So, you can see I was a bit disenchanted.

Then, I heard about another little site, The First Greek Civ2 Site, and the merger. (And there was an article, something to the effect "When fan sites become professional"). Around 1998/1999, I didn't come as much, since I was in the crutch of my college classes. (I August 2000, I visited another gaming site, but that's another story. No, Not CFC). I still looked through the archives for Civ2, and occasionally played Civ2 until 3:00AM. But, for the most part, I was Civless in college.

Of course, after college, I went to CFC, and the rest as they say, is history...

Well, here's the links:

The First Greek Civ Two site:

Apolyton: http://egnatia.ee.auth.gr/~markg/tfgc2s/

The Internet Archives:

-----------
    The Ultimate Civilization II Site:
    Apolyton CS is the biggest site about the best strategy game and it's sequels, Civilization

The Internet Archives:
    Come over to CFC! | My Pre-Apolyton Roots! ;)
    Civfanatics Moderator of the Civ3, Civ4 Sections and the MP Demogame
    Born in TUC2S, Raised in Apolyton, Currently living in CFC. :D

Hi Chieftess... good to see you posting over here for a change

I used to post at both pre merger sites... and other civ sites like Addicted to Civ.

Thanks for the links.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yeah, but now I'm the one with a fractured post count.

Of course, I'm still looking for the old UC2Site message board in the web archives...

So, are you gonna accept my submissions now?

Comment

Originally posted by Chieftess
        So, are you gonna accept my submissions now?
        Not my call to make... but I just made one "minor" adjustment to your account here
        Keep on Civin'

Comment

hehe.. if only I could make a change to yours on CFC...

(but, normal moderators can't)...

...hey, stop spying on me.
          Last edited by Chieftess; November 16, 2002, 20:12.

Comment

Send me a PM if you make it to the next level so I can give you the appropriate equivalent
            Keep on Civin'

Comment

Warlady?

Then Empress if I even post enough...

Comment

Ming, is there anywhere you don't post?

Comment

Look at his PC, that'll answer you're question.

Looks like I've started a trend here, with the whole 'where did you come from' thread.

Comment

Yes, very trendy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chieftess
                      Yes, very trendy.

And thanks for those links, I had never visited TFGS until tonight.
                      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                      X