Volunteer Image Servers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volunteer Image Servers

Images use most of the available bandwith and quite a few people on these forums have web sites. Therefore, why don't we set up some image folders on these servers for public Poly use? Commonly used images could be held offsite and embedded into posts. Granted, memory and CPU usage would not go down much, but pages could be transfered faster.

I have some space if there is any interest.
    It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

interesting idea and thanks for the thought.

our main issue is not bandwidth but rather the ability of the server to execute php scripts with mysql calls. for that purpose we have reduced the amount of such calls that are needed per user, with things like the guest cache system and disabling some of the non-top-priority features
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

So now my idea is a solution in search of a problem. Oh well, that's what they said about the laser...

I shall keep an open invitation for non-standard similie, avatar, and image hosting.
      It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value --Arthur C. Clarke

Comment

Working...
      X