Time Difference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time Difference

On either side of Daylight Savings (Winter or Summer) my time has never been correct. Its either been an hour fast (i.e. 2am on NZACS = 1am NZST) or in Summer, it has been 1 hour slow (i.e. 7am on NZACS = 8am NZST)

This makes it quite confusing for me to read the time. If GMT changes for Daylight Savings, why can't any other timezone?

Because we change daylight savings during different parts of the year.

You, being in the southern hemisphere go on daylight savings, while those in the northern hemisphere go off of daylight savings.

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Whats wrong with setting a GMT +13 option?

Comment

Yes, that is the problem. The vB engine seems to be quite poor at figuring out the changes in time...let alone account for the southern hemisphere flipping at the opposite time of year to the northern...
        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Ehm, I thought GMT never changes, because it's "base time"?

Comment

Not in Summer, according to vB. That changed to BST, thus screwing up my time totally.

Comment

I just chose whatever timezone gives me the correct time. If it happens to be Vladivostok's time rather than Sydney's, so be it.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

But Markos hasn't inducted a GMT +13!

Comment

Just do a GMT -11 hrs and remember to add a day.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I'd rather Markos came up with GMT +13

Comment

Well, thats quite a pickle then.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Lol

Comment

Originally posted by redbull
                          I'd rather Markos came up with GMT +13
                          Maybe just in time for the clocks to change back.
                          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Oh well Better than not at all

Comment

Can you not ignore Poly time, like I do? My comp has a clock on it, and it takes but a moment to figure out what time that post was REALLY posted at.

This is a case not so much of the number 8 wire Kiwi solution as the "I'm too lazy to ask for help so I'll do this instead" Kiwi solution.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X