No announcement yet.

Possible New Feature: Forum Attendance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possible New Feature: Forum Attendance?

As I'm sure some people have seen, over at CFC there's a little list of members currently taking a look at each forum. I'd always thought that would be a cool feature to have here. Any plans on seeing it here?

we've got cooler features planned
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

oooh. Those must be cool indeed.
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Well, now I'm really excited.
        "Paul Hanson, you should give Gibraltar back to the Spanish" - Paiktis, dramatically over-estimating my influence in diplomatic circles.

Eyewerks - you know you want to visit. No really, you do. Go on, click me.

Comment

Re: Possible New Feature: Forum Attendance?

Originally posted by Trip
          As I'm sure some people have seen, over at CFC there's a little list of members currently taking a look at each forum. I'd always thought that would be a cool feature to have here. Any plans on seeing it here?
          I'm sure we used to have that feature here at one point.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I think it is standard on vBulletin boards. Both CGN and Candle'Bre have it too.

It must have been taken off here at some point in the past.

In these days of attempting to reduce server load bringing it back might not be a good idea.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
              oooh. Those must be cool indeed.
              Indeed, rather cool.

Comment

/me wonders what Markos has instore for us.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

/me is wary of the creature feep coming to Apolyton.

Comment

In this case though, its incremental and built on-top-of an already working (generally ) system.
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

True 'dat.

Comment

Hey Markos, instead of constantly adding more bloaty features no one uses, why don't you work on reducing server load more, or upgrade the servers?
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Would these cooler features have anything to do with letting us set our own time/date format?

Comment

I guess no, but Markos will of course deny this as he doesn't want to let us know what he's planning. Anyway, I really don't mind about a forum attendance feature. Just a waste of time and mySQL database calculation work, IMO.

Yes, the date feature would be more welcome, if it allows us to use the PHP date form to set the date outlook.
                            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

constantly adding more bloaty features no one uses
                              the latest feature has already over 300 people using it
                              why don't you work on reducing server load more
                              i thought i have already worked a bit on that
                              or upgrade the servers?
                              that's not work, that's money
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X