X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by H Tower

yet.
    markos is just easing me into the role.
    Don't worry. You only have the right the to ban and voice people in the Civ II chatroom; not any other chatrooms, so you won't get a full scale banning rod, unless you're a special mod like Ming and Rah or an admin.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

So banning rods come in different models?
      Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by CapitanGarlic
        So banning rods come in different models?
        mine is intangible

Comment

H Tower - I thought that we only had the ability to top/detop, close/open threads. No poll editing (I don't even think ANY mod can do this), no banning, no editing/deleting threads or posts.
          Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
            (I don't even think ANY mod can do this)
            The option is there, so I assume some of them can.
            Attached Files
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I know... I saw it too, but this is just going by constant shenanigans in the Civ2 Demo game a few months back with polls that were invalid due to not being quite right, and no mod could help.

Or just wouldn't admit to being able to help
              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

lot of spam in this thread.
                (+1)

Comment

MWIA & FP,
                  Yes, 'full' mods and admins can edit polls. However, what I think MWIA is referring to is a situation where you wanted to know who voted what (or at least I think I read something about that in one of the DG forums), but that is something even mods can't see (though maybe admins can, I wouldn't know about that)...

Taz,
                  Ain't that the pot calling the kettle black...
                  (See below - those were all one-liners, in 3 of which you complained about spam )
                  Attached Files
                  Administrator of WePlayCiv -- Civ5 Info Centre | Forum | Gallery

Comment

You got the clue too, Loc.

Reminds me about last time when Taz started rant about me and cursed here.

Anyway, back to the topic, gents.
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                      Reminds me about last time when Taz started rant about me and cursed here.
                      Why is that numbskull? You may have noticed I have been away. Its only natural that I would wish to post in new threads started when I return. You may also have noticed that you have posted in pretty much everything yourself. The only difference is that my posts have double the value of anything you could add.

Seems to me that a certain new mod has acquired a big head to go with his new found abilities to top threads.

****!

(and don't bother I have reported my own reply to Ming to save you the effort).
                      (+1)

Comment

please try your powers in some test threads:
                        you should be able to:
                        - open/close threads
                        - top/de-top threads
                        - edit thread info(title, icon, etc)
                        - edit polls
                        - post announcements (pm me for the way)
                        you should not be able to:
                        - delete threads
                        - edit/delete posts

So yes, I should be able to edit polls. Markos is probably just really busy right now, or did anyone else not notice the incredible slowdown yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by Taz

Its only natural that I would wish to post in new threads started when I return.
                          Aha.
                          You may also have noticed that you have posted in pretty much everything yourself.
                          Aha.
                          The only difference is that my posts have double the value of anything you could add.
                          Aha and based on what? At this point I would prefer to add "noob", but I abstain.
                          Seems to me that a certain new mod has acquired a big head to go with his new found abilities to top threads.
                          Aha.
                          ****!
                          Thanks, but I don't prefer to **** if someone says it as an order in imperative tense.
                          (and don't bother I have reported my own reply to Ming to save you the effort).
                          Aha.

Comment

Let's stay on topic folks... If you two want to continue your "discussion"... PM's, email, or ICQ would be a more appropriate place for it...
                            Keep on Civin'
                            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Go, Ming, go!
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Off-topic (yes )...

Good, Ming. I already said that, but the 2nd party continued. So I agree.

Anyway, on-topic...

Hopefully this new moderator arrengement for the DG's will make things easier for Markos as he doesn't have to top and untop threads per request like before.

Comment

Working...
                                X