Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where Did The Planet On The Poly Logo Come From ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, very stylish!

And yea, the SMAC-style is horrible...

Comment

There's a SMAC style? Since when?
      Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
      "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

yesterday? or was it the day before?

Comment

Originally posted by Immortal Wombat
          There's a SMAC style? Since when?
          i think its been at least a week, just that nobody uses it because of the color scheme

Comment

Having seen it, I'd have to agree. It's a little harsh on the retinae.
            Concrete, Abstract, or Squoingy?
            "I don't believe in giving scripting languages because the only additional power they give users is the power to create bugs." - Mike Breitkreutz, Firaxis

Comment

according to the announcement, oct 22. yesterday

Comment

Maybe some of the posters think that the few minutes they spent with that sytle were almost like an eternity...

I did. But I might try it once more.
                I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Aieeee, that SMAC style, it reminds me of one of the nastier and less well thought out colour schemes from Windows 3.1 Like Hotdog Stand or something
                  Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

The SMAC style is too dark for my monitor, but the Moo3 quite cool. I'm not sure I want to give up the CTP2 style yet though.
                    (+1)

Comment

Could be great that Apolyton change the page view according to client time or server time, but looking the server load problems I can't imagine this implemented.
                      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Couldn't you make another Dark-on-light scheme? I much prefer black text to white.
                        Världsstad - Dom lokala genrenas vän
                        Mick102, 102,3 Umeå, Måndagar 20-21

Comment

I agree with all the people who said that the MOO style is the best. I wonder why more people don't use it.

The planet in the logo makes it look much better.

PHOENIXCAGER
                          The Civilization Gaming Network

Comment

The SMAC style would go better with one of SidGame's color schemes for ACN.
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

IMHO, the SMAC style would look better in an mental home.

Comment

Well I like the MOO scheme, I have defected from being on the CtP scheme previously. The orangy one!
                                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                                X