This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Allow Vb codes in thread titles?

I think it would be fun to allow Vb codes in thread titles. Think of the variety of styles, colours etc we would have. And see how creative people will get trying to get the most attention to their thread!

Of course, you'd probably have to limit it to italics, underline, bold, color, and font type/size. Things like lists and pictures and links just wouldn't work would they.
    Avoid COLONY RUSH on Galactic Civlizations II (both DL & DA) with my Slow Start Mod.
    Finding Civ 4: Colonization too easy? Try my Ten Colonies challenge.

Good idea

But I think Mark'd have to exclude font size too. How would you like to open a forum and see This

It would just be begging for people to spam
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

MarkG and DanQ... I know that it is your call to make...

However....

DON'T ALLOW IT... PLEASE

I can't even begin to guess how bad it could be abused
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

No. Do not do this. It's fine the way it is. If you want to draw attention to your thread, give it a clever name. This is definitely not necessary.

Comment

Please, no. I can imagine when the day comes that a thread title takes up the whole page.
          (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
          (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
          (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

I wouldn't mind it if only certain people could use it.
            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

As you wish, Rusty. Here's my personal answer and a small demonstration.

NO WAY!

BTW, you can already spice up your thread title with some neat name and a smiley thread icon, so IMO that's ought to be enough.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Thankfully I doubt Mark or Dan will allow this.
                I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Yes... but only for smileys, bold, italic, underline.

That's it.

Comment

nope
                    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                      nope
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                      X