Thread views aren't incrementing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thread views aren't incrementing

It doesn't appear that the "number of views" field is being incremented for threads on the forum view -- there are a coupla threads with more than one reply yet zero thread views (which shouldn't be possible), and I've also noticed that I'll view a thread, reload the forum view, and find that the thread's viewcount has not been incremented. Is this from server load, or is something "wrong"?
    <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

it's not a bug, it's a feature

when the load is high we dont spend server resources in increasing the thread views count
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Good. I don't really even care about this at all.

Comment

Ah, gotcha. I figured it might be bundled with the new "disappearing avatars" feature.
        <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

You mean the "amazing disappearing reappearing invisibley visible avatars".
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes, that explains why I had a thread with 4 replies and no views. It seemed ever so odd
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Damn, we could have had a lot of fun speculating about how people could have replied without even viewing the thread. Then again, that isn't unheard-of behaviour.
              I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

I always try to not look at the thread, when I reply.
                Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Ah, so you're just spamming, eh?
                  (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
                  (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
                  (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

Spamming is a
                    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Working...
                    X