This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unused login IDs

There is a guy who registered the login ID "Groucho" on May 12, 2000 and used it only once on May 13, 2000. He isn't accepting email so I can't contact him directly. Is there anyway of seeing if he would be willing to drop or change his name so I could use it? I'm tired of the unpronounceable "Echinda" (what was I thinking?).

And what is the policy on changing names, aside from the above? I know that people who constantly morphed (like spinkdookniminfat!ingtons) lead to the name change rules being altered, but the FAQ is silent on the new rules. Is changing even an option anymore?
    What's so funny 'bout peace, love and understanding?

Yes, changing is an option. Under the old software, you even could do it yourself. But now, you need to contact a Admin/mod. In most cases, we make the change.

As far as you wanting Groucho, I'll let the owners answer that one.
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If the owner's decision goes against, you can always try GR0UCH0. It might seem a bit feeble, but what the hey.

Rich
      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Are you still updating the name change log? I can name at least one username change not in the log.
        One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yes... I'm still updating the log. However, sometimes there is a reason why one isn't logged
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

That's too cryptic.... something to do with DL's? Trial bases? Laziness?

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin
              That's too cryptic.... something to do with DL's? Trial bases? Laziness?
              None of the three you mention...
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

I give up, what is it?

Comment

Rah's idea is a good one, but which variation?

Grouch0?
                  GR0UCH0?
                  Groucheaux?
                  Grouch?

Ming: I'll pm Dan and Markos re: Groucho and see what they say. If it's a no, I'll let you know what I come up with. Thanks.

Comment

Are spaces valid characters. i.e Is "Groucho-" where "-" denotes a space valid?

Comment

Well, we have a space in our names SD.
                      Not sure if the name can end in that character though.
                      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

You could always do

*Groucho*
                        -=Groucho=-
                        ~Groucho~
                        Groucho!

Comment

Well, rather than track down some one-post-wonder I've decided to go with either " Groucho " or "- Groucho -" depending on what the system will accept.

I'll PM ya with the official request, Ming.
                          Last edited by - Groucho -; October 7, 2002, 20:02.

Comment

why not just make a new name? I've done that twice already becuase i stopped coming here and ended up forgetting my password, do you just want to keep your post count (which someone would have to look into your profile to see anyway right?) and the date you joined? if so that's kind of sad that people care so much about seeming like they have some kind of seniority on a message board. Maybe I'm the only one who doesn't really care though so I'm probably the abnormal one.

Comment

Creating DLs is frowned upon. And yes, you are abnormal.

Comment

Working...
                              X