Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Randomly Ignored" or: the ignore list grows a will of it's own!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Randomly Ignored" or: the ignore list grows a will of it's own!!!

I've been peacefully browsing the CivII General section, to check up on when spaceships get destroyed.

I opened an amusingly titled thread, by the all mighty of trolls - Alexander's Horse, when suddenly I noticed Apolyton reporting him as if I had put him on ignore. Furthermore, it randomly chose others, like Hodad whom it added to my ignore list.

This seemed very wierd to me since:
    1) I don't remember ignoring them
    2) I have never put anyone - anyone, on my ignore list
    3) I'm ideologically against ignoring people

So I went to my preferences, hoping to undo the evil. To my great surprise - there was no one in my ignore list! - The list was empty. So I saved it to be empty, and reloaded the Civ II General thread in question.

And AH and Hodad were still reported to be in my ignored list.

Screen attached:
    Attached Files

did it only happen in that thread? maybe that thread is just ****ed up?
    CSPA

Comment

I have never experienced any problem like that, but I would say it's something temporary or maybe related to a bug in your account.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Just happened to me while looking at an old thread. Apparently, I ignore the admins!

Edit: Well, he wasn't an admin then, but I still think it's pretty funny.

Edit2: Just noticed something: all the ignored posts were posted by guests. And there were no non-ignored posts posted by guests.
        Attached Files
        Last edited by Zero-Tau; October 5, 2002, 12:49.
        The long list of nonsense

Comment

i guess Markos finally got really mad at Horse and put him on everyone's ignore list

Comment

No problems here...
            Talent Optional

Comment

Originally posted by Zero-Tau
              Just happened to me while looking at an old thread. Apparently, I ignore the admins!

Edit: Well, he wasn't an admin then, but I still think it's pretty funny.
              MarkG is a co-founder and has always been an admin. Those problems are to do with those threads being made using the old bb coding.
              One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I guess we a solution then. No more old BB tags.

OT...

Sag, could you finally tell us who that beauty as your avatar is?
                "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Ashley Judd.

Comment

Be glad you can't read the pearls of "wisdom" within those posts.
                    Everything changes, but nothing is truly lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagacious Dolphin

MarkG is a co-founder and has always been an admin. Those problems are to do with those threads being made using the old bb coding.
                      Okay, then. But when I looked at his post, his title said "Guest".

Has it ever been possible to post here without registring first?
                      The long list of nonsense

Comment

If an account is deleted, any preexisting posts will display "Guest" underneath the username, rather than a title/location/join date.

Comment

Hehe, tnx for the screenshot Siro. I remember that thread, it was a funny one
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

Originally posted by Zero-Tau

Okay, then. But when I looked at his post, his title said "Guest".

Has it ever been possible to post here without registring first?
                            For as long as I have posted here (~1970 ) you have always had to register before you can post. As said, the guest part comes in when an account is deleted, (or possibly a username changed since the new code was used - some 18 months ago).

Comment

I don't know the reason for MarkG being on the ignore list, or being considered a guest on the older board, but he may be able to tell you himself if he drops by.

Markos?

Comment

Working...
                              X