Straybow whines again ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade trog

I refuse to upgrade. Still using Win95 because Win98 was less stable, ME less stable than 98, and I wasn't about to mess with W2K or XP. So I still have IE 4.x (whatever came with the last version of 95) because the next upgrade was the one that merged IE with Explorer.

BTW, what game is your avatar from?
    Attached Files
    (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
    (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
    (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

Looks like Might and Magic
      I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Re: Upgrade trog

Originally posted by Straybow
        I refuse to upgrade. Still using Win95 because Win98 was less stable, ME less stable than 98, and I wasn't about to mess with W2K or XP.
        I must agree Win95 is more stable than Win98, and there are problems with XP and the most important game here.

Originally posted by Straybow
        So I still have IE 4.x (whatever came with the last version of 95) because the next upgrade was the one that merged IE with Explorer.
        The last version came with Win95 was IE 3.?. Interesting is that Win95 created some files related to IE 3.? called mm256.dat and mm2048.dat, I tried removing IE 3.? from my hard drive entirely, unfortunatly Win95 recreated these files everytime I deleted them, I don't know if you can find these files on a Win98 system if yes I wasn't able to find them so far. IE 4.X came with a lot of unnecessary stuff, e.g. the active desktop and it blow up my windows folder enormously. So it went off my hard drive as fast as it was on. I guess some sort of system integration was included. The only good think are these icons on the task bar. IE 5.0 was better, because it didn't added all the unnecessary stuff, maybe because M$ assumed all users installed IE 4, before upgrading to IE 5.

-Martin
        Civ2 military advisor: "No complaints, Sir!"

Comment

Working...
        X