Yet ANOTHER Forum Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yet ANOTHER Forum Problem

Oddly enough, bugs seem to be rampent nowadays.....

Anyway, I got on today, and noticed that nobody has an avatar, not even the mods. I checked my prefs, and show avatar was "yes". I really have no idea what's goin on.

Is this on my end, or is it a server-side problem?
    I AM.CHRISTIAN

SMO,

Markos had to disable all avatars in order to ease the server load. This means no avatars are now in use. I hope the situation will be back to normal during the weekend.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

i *think* its because of the traffic caused by the PTW chat

Comment

after the ptw chat they will be enabled again
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Thank you, Markos!
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

after the ptw chat they will be enabled again

Comment

PS Markos, why not to limit avatars' size in order to made server works properly? My two eurocents.
              "Io non volgo le spalle dinnanzi al nemico!!!" - il Conte di San Sebastiano al messo del comandante in capo, battaglia dell'Assietta
              "E' più facile far passare un cammello per la cruna di un ago che un pensiero nel cervello di Bush!!!" - Zelig
              "Live fire, and not cold steel, now resolve battles" - Marshall de Puysegur

Comment

it woudlnt make much difference

Comment

And the chat won't last all night anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                    Thank you, Markos!
                    ditto
                    I AM.CHRISTIAN

Comment

Talent Optional

Comment

I assume this is also the reason that jpg and gif attachments are currently showing as links? If so, go to it with my blessing. If not, then I just thought you should know.
                        The church is the only organisation that exists for the benefit of its non-members
                        Buy your very own 4-dimensional, non-orientable, 1-sided, zero-edged, zero-volume, genus 1 manifold immersed in 3-space!
                        All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his.
                        "They offer us some, but we have no place to store a mullet." - Chegitz Guevara

Comment

Does that mean that when the chat is over the OT movie poster thread will be okay again?

And what's the deal with that chat thing anyhow? Can't we keep on IRC? I like how Markos is trying to improve the site but I think he is going overboard with this.
                          Within weeks they'll be re-opening the shipyards
                          And notifying the next of kin
                          Once again...

Comment

Not like Avatars are that important. Look under my name and that is what I think of them.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                            X