Removal request of several flags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Removal request of several flags

As the flags proposed were denied, I will ask for the equality that the following flags would be removed from Poly's flag collection as they don't fill the requirements stated by Dan in the response to the request for new flags. I ask the removal as that would mean all flags would be treated equally and there wouldn't be any double standards.
    Posted by DanQ
    Second, the tribes of the Finno-Ugric languages are not recognized nations.
    This means the Sami flag doesn't belong on Poly as no other tribal flags used by speakers of Finno-Ugric languages are accepted on Poly. Otherwise this would mean a controversial and discriminative situation, but also double standards. Refering to the same criterias that excluded tribal flags that aren't of recognised countries, I also demand the removal of the Aboriginal and Maori flags from Poly as they aren't flags of recognised countries or in general recognised flags.
    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Rasbelin... You do know that they can do WHATEVER they want to since they own the site

You really should give it a rest... But I won't close this thread... I will leave it up to the owners to respond...
    Keep on Civin'
    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
      Rasbelin... You do know that they can do WHATEVER they want to since they own the site
      Really? I thought this site is no one's land. I already declared Livonian ownership of forum chatroom, but somehow Tass and Wombat burned the flag twice after I rised it to full mast in the chatroom. I then had to remove it permanently as Markos got there.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

A) You will get your 18 some odd flags added.

B) You will get these other flags removed.

C) This thread will get locked.

If I was a betting man, I would go with C.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
          If I was a betting man, I would go with C.
          Good choice
          Keep on Civin'
          RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Another rebel, another cause, another disappointed revolutionary...
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Rasbelin,

If you want your flags, just draw them out yourself and use those as your avatar. What seems to be the problem?
              (\__/) 07/07/1937 - Never forget
              (='.'=) "Claims demand evidence; extraordinary claims demand extraordinary evidence." -- Carl Sagan
              (")_(") "Starting the fire from within."

Comment

If I use the falg as my avatar picture, I can't use my real avatar. It's that simple. And those flags would have IMHO deserved to be included, but as things went different, I'm demanding the removal of these 3 flags as it's an equality issue too.

Comment

This means the Sami flag doesn't belong on Poly as no other tribal flags used by speakers of Finno-Ugric languages are accepted on Poly. Otherwise this would mean a controversial and discriminative situation, but also double standards. Refering to the same criterias that excluded tribal flags that aren't of recognised countries, I also demand the removal of the Aboriginal and Maori flags from Poly as they aren't flags of recognised countries or in general recognised flags.
                  The Sami flag has a semi-official status in Norway (probably in Sweden & Finland as well), kind of like the English, Scottish and Welsh flags have in the UK. Same goes for the Aboriginal flag in Australia methinks.

So if you remove the Sami flag, it's logical to remove other sub-national flags as well.
                  Last edited by Gangerolf; September 19, 2002, 05:23.
                  CSPA

Comment

Gangerolf, read my "Rasbey's flag initiative" thread. As a Swede you can read also those untranslated law paragraphs from the Swedish law. BTW, the falg doesn't have an official status in Norway. And the Aboriginal flag is just a tribal flag. So my arguement to remove the Sami flag too is leakproof compared to keeping it in the flag collection.

Comment

Get rid of all flags except the EU and US ones.

That'll get rid of all them fence sitters!

Comment

The temptation to use the Libyan flag is incredible. You justcan't beat the imagination of those guys...

Wow. rasbelin, i think you've taken political correctness way way WAY too far. Tiny little flags on a website are now an equality issue....that worries me.
                        "Love the earth and sun and animals, despise riches, give alms to every one that asks, stand up for the stupid and crazy, devote your income and labor to others, hate tyrants, argue not concerning God, have patience and indulgence toward the people, take off your hat to nothing known or unknown . . . reexamine all you have been told at school or church or in any book, dismiss whatever insults your own soul, and your very flesh shall be a great poem and have the richest fluency" - Walt Whitman

Comment

Another "who cares" issue...

Hey Ras, your giant title distorts the thread BTW.

What is all that stuff anyway?
                          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
                          i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

I come from Pittsburgh. I want the Pittsburgh flag included. It goes back almost 250 years, predating most of these national or tribal flags. It looks cool, too.
                            (\__/) Save a bunny, eat more Smurf!
                            (='.'=) Sponsored by the National Smurfmeat Council
                            (")_(") Smurf, the original blue meat! © 1999, patent pending, ® and ™ (except that "Smurf" bit)

Comment

I'm curious: in the quote in the first post, what were the first (and maybe third, fourth, etc.) reasons given by Dan?

Also, I demand that we have a Burger King flag, since their hamburgers are clearly superior to McDonald's hamburgers.
                              <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Working...
                              X