This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rah
    You really are turning into quite the Capitalist. Your marketing skills are really starting to shine.
    i hate marketing
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
      chris, why dont you suggest to thunderfall to close down the civfanatics chat page?
      If he went as overboard with this crap as you do I would.
      I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd
      i'm an ignorant greek...MarkG

Comment

are you a chat hater or something?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Why bother with a message board if you want to waste your time in a chat room?
          I believe Saddam because his position is backed up by logic and reason...David Floyd

Comment

Gee off the medication today or what?

Some folks like the instant response of a chat room (i'm personally not a big fan of chat rooms), and others prefer posting and checking back. I think Mark should be congratulated for trying to satisfy both types of posters. Not berated by one frustrated pup.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Opera 6.03/Linux: I can see the userlist, I can write a message, I get refreshes - but can't see the chat itself.

For now I'll just run Mozilla at school for the chat and Opera at home for forums . (believe me, X11 is the best thing that ever happened to graphical user interfaces)
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

X11 is a monstrosity that'd done more to hold back Linux adaption than all MS machinations combined. You free software mavricks should get your act together and come up with a new standard that doesn't make the Windows graphics rendering engine look like God Almighty in comparison.

As for the chat, it works for me now, but the buttons are still placed like they were in the pic I posted upstream.
                "The number of political murders was a little under one million (800,000 - 900,000)." - chegitz guevara on the history of the USSR.
                "I think the real figures probably are about a million or less." - David Irving on the number of Holocaust victims.

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                  Gee off the medication today or what?
                  I expect that kind of stupid comments from the kids Rah, I'm surprised at you.

Some folks like the instant response of a chat room (i'm personally not a big fan of chat rooms), and others prefer posting and checking back. I think Mark should be congratulated for trying to satisfy both types of posters. Not berated by one frustrated pup.
                  Never thought you'd be a suck up, I see that little title didn't go to your head in the least.

I assure you, I'm neither frustrated or a pup.

Comment

Gee Chris... off you medication today

What's wrong with MarkG trying to IMPROVE his site.
                    I give credit to people who at least try new things instead of stagnating...

I don't understand how you can have a problem with this. But I'm sure (seriously) that it has nothing to do with the fact that you are a mod on another site
                    Keep on Civin'
                    RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Both of you taking stupid pills Ming?

I couldn't care less about the Chat at CFC either.

The whole point of message boards is to post, not sit in a chat room, all it does is detract from the board.

I do like the way you both get nice and defensive, and cut straight to the insults, very classy.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris 62
                        The whole point of message boards is to post, not sit in a chat room, all it does is detract from the board.
                        Uhhhh... this is a Gaming Site... Not a "message board".

The Forums are only a "single" element of this site. People come here for many reasons... the forums being one, but they also come for downloads... news/information... and other things that this site offer.

Again... what's your problem with having a chat room as well. ?

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that nobody does. And judging from the traffic today, the new format seems to be a big hit and people really like it.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

So, since you don't like my opinion, you and your bro feel free to get personal and insulting.

Nothing like "company men".

So tell me Ming, how does the chat room help gaming, oh font of forbidden knowledge?

Comment

I like the chatroom ,

but there a small drawback with it as well .

and this is not the worst I've seen so for

Bad quality pic, but you'll get the idea
                            Attached Files
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

If he went as overboard with this crap as you do I would.
                              Nahhh... we just followed your excellent example...
                              Keep on Civin'

Comment

So tell me Ming, how does the chat room help gaming, oh font of forbidden knowledge?
                                The same way forums do... it allows people to talk about games. Already, if you had bothered to check what people were saying, people have been discussing games, strategies, setting up games... sure, there is other stuff too, just like you would find in the OTF, but it is the same thing as the forums, just live and quicker.
                                Keep on Civin'

Comment

Working...
                                X