This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Petition for an Off-Topic Postcount

In the spirit of giving markos an unlimited amount of work to maintain this site, I'd like to ask for a seperate postcount for the Off-Topic forum. The number wouldn't effect the rank (king, settler, prince), and wouldn't give you the avatar, it would just be for the soul purpose of bragging rights

i was thinking about making a program that would take a list of usernames and then go into the search area and search for OT posts, then grab the # of posts, but I don't want to adversely effect the site by raping it with such a proggie.

please sign below

UberKruX
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

I doubt it will happen... but it would be nice to have a seperate count in your profile.
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeap, I will sign the petition.

Nice idea, but I guess we need to remove the sentence about bragging.
      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

I wish you luck on your petition... I don't think it's going to happen, but I will let the "real powers" around here answer this one...
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

The "real powers"? Did you loose your banning rod?
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
            The "real powers"? Did you loose your banning rod?
            Nahhh... but I'm only a lowely staff member... not an Owner. They make the "important" decisions here
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

How about OT forums give you a decimal postcount? Say .01?

This way for every 100 posts in the OTF you get +1.

I was thinking about .1 but that's a little much.
              I drink to one other, and may that other be he, to drink to another, and may that other be me!

Comment

I'd be at least an emperor by now if they counted. Oh well.

Comment

Post counts in the OT (of any kind) would mean increased moderation there, since the posts would, well, count. Stuff like the Coffee Shop wouldn't happen then. Well the CS has been here before, but what I mean is that if the posts would count I'd have to actually watch what I go and post in the forum.
                  Cake and grief counseling will be available at the conclusion of the test. Thank you for helping us help you help us all!

Comment

I'd like it, but I doubt it will happen and I don't really mind either way.

Comment

I'm against it. We already have enough spam in the OT, why ask for more?
                      I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Do it - but I'll settle for +1 from this post.
                        (+1)

Comment

It would be nice to be able to see how active somebody is on the OTF, but it would probably be a big pain in the ass to track two different post counts.
                          <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Nope. They're rubbish. I think we should just hold a big vote where everyone gives everyone a score out of ten on how big a **** they are, and use that instead.
                            The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

Originally posted by Spartak
                              Do it - but I'll settle for +1 from this post.
                              Really... You never seem to spam... Just as innocent as Rasputin. Didn't I recall right?

Originally posted by Ron Jeremy
                              Nope. They're rubbish. I think we should just hold a big vote where everyone gives everyone a score out of ten on how big a **** they are, and use that instead.
                              That was almost too hilarious. But I don't sign that suggestion as it would be too boring after all.

BTW, I remove my signature from this petition, because I actually prefer to post meaningful posts in OTF without an OTF post counter.

Comment

Working...
                              X