The Rivalry Continues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Rivalry Continues

It has been about two years since I left SidGames, since Mark and Dan were rivals of mine.

Well, I'm back in the game.

I'm now a news guy at X-COM Tactical Command.

We aren't really rivals since Apolyton wouldn't cover this game, but we'd both cover general Firaxis related news.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Congratulations on the position.
    I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Well congrats.

Comment

No need for congratulations.

And this will be a friendly rivalry (if that), BTW. There will never be any IP banning of Mark and Dan like at the last site I was at.
        Last edited by Apocalypse; September 9, 2002, 22:20.
        "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I never knew that stodlum IP banned them :laugh: :banned:
          -->Visit CGN!
          -->"Production! More Production! Production creates Wealth! Production creates more Jobs!"-Wendell Willkie -1944

Comment

That's cool Apoc. Congrats.

It would be better if the site loaded though. You mentioned Mark and Dan, you didn't mention me.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Nice, Apoc!

Anyway, that IP banning is more like an immature action to keep other site owners away. What's the catch? You can anyway get there by using a proxy server.
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

if Firaxis do XCOM we'll probably cover it
                Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
                  I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Can I already apply for X-COM related staff positions?
                    "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                      Nice, Apoc!

Anyway, that IP banning is more like an immature action to keep other site owners away. What's the catch? You can anyway get there by using a proxy server.
                      I don't think you can expect much sensibility from stodlum .

This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

WAR!

Er... I mean... nice, Apoc.
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by LightEning

I don't think you can expect much sensibility from stodlum.

http://web.archive.org/web/200109250...ty/wisdom.html
                          Thanks, mate! Looks like stodlum is err... a err... maggot.

Comment

More like SimGolf coverage than Civ3 coverage though.

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            It would be better if the site loaded though. You mentioned Mark and Dan, you didn't mention me.
                            It didn't load? And when have we been rivals?

BTW, I didn't IP ban Mark and Dan...I didn't have authority.

Comment

More like SimGolf coverage than Civ3 coverage though.
                              is this a suggestion, a guess or an order?
                              Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
                              Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
                              giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

Working...
                              X