Custom titles for purchasing from the store

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom titles for purchasing from the store

If someone spends a certain amount (say $100) at the store, could they be given a custom title of their choosing? The purchasing wouldn't have to be all at once, it could be accumulated over the course of a year.

Its a good advertising angle...
    One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

why so much?
    why not, let's say for the prize of one nuclear weapons t-shirt
    Formerly known as "CyberShy"
    Carpe Diem tamen Memento Mori

Comment

I don't know how much the average consumer buys, so I didn't want it too low, or everyone who purchases from the store would get a custom title.

Comment

Hmm... interesting idea. Perhaps that limit of 100 USD good.

But I'm currently more concerned about free speech when I'm not even allowed to talk about flags.
        "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Don't attempt a threadjack.

The free speech argument does not hold, Apolyton is not a democracy. To raise the issue again after being warned will only serve to get you a trip to Mingapulco. You'll just have to live with it I'm afraid.

Comment

Actually Sagacious Dolphin, it's a great idea! I can spend a given amount (be it $100 or what ever) and then I get to use a "special" title...or better yet, a "special" image to choose from. Hey, I can even choose an image of the Five Nations flag!

Comment

Sagacious,

I'm not trying to do a threadjack. That was my real opinion about your suggestion.

Anyway, I'm not sure if a suggestion like that can pass, but I assume the PR value could be good. At least DiabloII.Net has a system that their donators who have donated with FraudPal will get a special logo inserted into their profile.

Icy Veins provides detailed builds, guides, and news for Diablo 2 Resurrected for all classes: amazon, assassin, barbaria, druid, necromancer, paladin, sorceress.

DiabloII.Net Pal Forum Status

We appreciate your support and by way of publicly acknowledging your donation [those over $1.00] we would like to change your forum status to Pal - our official 'Be a Pal' abbreviation) for each month you donate. Your forum name will have the Pal icon next to it and your forum title will be changed to 'DiabloII.Net Pal'.
              So my specific suggestion (gathering the ideas of Sagacious and me) is that an Apolytoner who orders for a certain sum ApolytonWare from ACS, gets a special title of his own choice for 1 year. This would work as vBulletin supports custom titles as well-known and the store management panel allows you to see who has ordered, so there shouldn't be any technical limits.

Wittlich,

I don't get the point with a "special" image as there'as already available custom avatars and flags seem to be a sensitive issue (don't think that I said this, if you're also allergic to flag discussions ).
              "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Would it not be more direct simply to put a price on the custom title? And I suspect that even in the event that Marcos and Dan were so capitalist to do so, The price would be in the $thousands.
                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

I assume Lefty has been influenced by CFC's custom title system now.

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                    But I'm currently more concerned about free speech when I'm not even allowed to talk about flags.
                    If the free speech available is not adequate to your liking, how much would you be willing to fork over for privileged speech.
                    Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                    Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                    "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                    From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Originally posted by Rasbelin
                      Wittlich,

I don't get the point with a "special" image as there'as already available custom avatars and flags seem to be a sensitive issue (don't think that I said this, if you're also allergic to flag discussions ).
                      Actually, after I posted my last comment, I realized the same thing, and in turn, changed my avatar image...just call it my own private protest.

Ok, back to the topic at hand - special titles for those who support Apolyton. Sure, it's a gimmick to attract more money into Apolyton. I can understand if Dan and Mark decide to pursue this type business, and I would, in turn, most likely "donate" to it.
                      "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                      "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

I bought a shirt and got a special title.

RAH
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

So if I spend enough, I will be offered a custom title. Spend even more and I will be offered a moderatorship?

*Rushes to store....*

Comment

You'll most likely have to spend a few gazillion € to bribe Markos to give you moderatorship.

P.S. You'll get it cheaper on FACF. How much do you offer?

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                              I bought a shirt and got a special title.

RAH
                              Lol so that's how you become a mod.

Have you told Solver?

Comment

Working...
                              X