The fine line between roleplaying and OT/spam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fine line between roleplaying and OT/spam

Roleplaying is a significant part of the civ3 demogame. At first there were newspapers and other roleplaying things directly related to the game itself. Next came the $minigame, an economic side of the game, which, while not affecting the game itself in any way and being in other ways independent, was (and is) still pretty closely related to the game. However, there is now a "Jungle Ball" (Fantasy Football) League. When does roleplaying become OT and considered spam if posted anywhere else? I think that it is OT, but some people there disagree? Thoughts (especially from moderaters)?
    Yes
    62.50%
    No
    37.50%
    Not if it involves bananas
    0.00%

Since it doesn't affect the game they are playing it should be OT.
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

The thread in question has been moved to the OTF where it belongs... The same place as all the other Apolyton Fanatasy League Threads
      Keep on Civin'
      RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Looks Apolyton/Community to me.
        I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
          Looks Apolyton/Community to me.
          Nahhh... While I understand your POV, it is an established practice for ALL the Sports Fantasy Leagues to post in the OTF. Unlike some sites that have specific Sports Forums, Apolyton doesn't. So the OTF is the appropriate place for them. If the league in question wants to post their results in the Democracy game Newspaper, that's fine... but discussion on their league should continue in the OTF. I happen to be in many of the Fantasy Leagues, and all the theads are in the OTF.
          Their league is no different
          Keep on Civin'

Comment

Actually, the misunderstanding was mine.

I thought you meant you wanted to move this thread to OTF, and I was pointing out that it was still in the Community forum. I've since been to the OTF and seen the thread you were talking about moved there. This made me realise my mistake, and I was hoping to edit out my previous comment before someone noticed.
            I'm building a wagon! On some other part of the internets, obviously (but not that other site).

Comment

Originally posted by Skanky Burns
              This made me realise my mistake, and I was hoping to edit out my previous comment before someone noticed.
              Bummer...

Too bad I was paying attention
              Keep on Civin'

Comment

A good rule of thumb: if it's on the Stories & Diplomacy thread, then it's roleplaying; if it's on the OTF, then it's spam.
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Doh, a very simple rule is to post everything in OT that you can't determine where else it could belong. A more extreme rule would be to post it in the Dinosaurs group for +1.
                  "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Working...
                  X